Please improve the AI during combat

Started by Greski09, November 04, 2013, 11:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greski09

Unsure if this is a bug or not, but the AI needs some work in terms of setting priorities during events. To proper illustrate what I am saying, just now raiders came to assault my base. And while the murderous savages attack us, and bullets whiz past my colonists heads they decide to do this:

This angers me to no end, I'd like for some realistic responses during raids even when NOT recruited. Especially when they are within viewing distance. Or within viewing distance of one of my turrets.

Semmy

AI and raiders are up for redesign/tweaking.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Mansen

As a temporary thing, you can override them one action at a time as long as they're conscripted. I've had to do this a few times to drag injured colonists back to safety or try to avoid a turret blowing up. :)

Greski09

Quote from: Mansen on November 05, 2013, 08:10:33 AM
As a temporary thing, you can override them one action at a time as long as they're conscripted. I've had to do this a few times to drag injured colonists back to safety or try to avoid a turret blowing up. :)

Can they repair while conscripted? That'd be acceptable, just allow us to do jobs while conscripted, Ill see if its fixed. But still even when not recruited I want them to do something, I mean when the enemy is infront of them I mean. No one should leave the defense line and go to bed when the enemy is right there.