How do you update RimWorld?

Started by thekillergreece, November 05, 2013, 12:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

Quote from: brobe94 on February 28, 2015, 08:25:39 PM
Refer to the faq, will answer most if not all of the questions in this thread ;)

http://ludeon.com/blog/faq/

Frequently asked questions can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions page. Who knew? :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

minecrafte533

ok i got the idea but how do i download the new copy plz tell me

hunter2012

when it gets updated a sendowl link is sent to the email used to purchese it

City Builder

Quote from: hunter2012 on April 19, 2015, 07:53:05 PM
when it gets updated a sendowl link is sent to the email used to purchese it

Yes, but only when it's a full version update.  I.E. update from alpha 9 to alpha 10 gets an email sent out, but updates from alpha 9 to 9a, 9b, 9c etc do Not send out a new email.  Anyway, the game tells you when there is an update even if it's only a small incremental update like 10b to 10c on the main menu.  I'm guessing it phones home to see whether or not you are playing the most recent version.

shadow_br121

man i cant understand what do you say: just download the copy and extracting it but where i download it anyone say other answer: use the same link you downloaded it in the same place i cant remember where i download it or im confused because when i go to the rimworld site i see buy rimworld but i already buy it where i can download man =(

REMworlder

When you bought the game, you got an email with the link to download it at. Look through your old emails, follow that link, and it will have the latest version of RimWorld there.

milon

Also, your download link (through SendOwl) is unique to you. If you're having trouble with it, do not post it publicly. Your download link will always stay the same, so you can bookmark it for future use.

Coenmcj

You can also get it resent via this link found on the support tab on the main site. If you've lost it. :)
http://rimworldgame.com/getmygame/
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite