[MOD] (Alpha 7) Electric Generator ( v0.7.0.1 / 01.10.2014 )

Started by bolti1703, August 23, 2014, 11:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolti1703

Ok i try to solve this problem  ;). I think about an additional mode or so. i tested the generator inside with the trait that it must be build next to a wall. someway to simulate air pollution ( the air gate is in the wall ), in this case it could be more powerfull. But if you build the generator outside and switch to the power mode it's enough for a cook stove ( 400 W in power mode , 350 W power need ). But as i said before all values can be changed and will be changed  ;)

Monotonical

I made some textures for the canisters that fit a bit better with the art style of Rimworld, if you want to use 'em here they are:

The cylinder still looks a bit out of place though.

bolti1703

Quote from: Monotonical on August 27, 2014, 02:43:10 PM
I made some textures for the canisters that fit a bit better with the art style of Rimworld, if you want to use 'em here they are:

The cylinder still looks a bit out of place though.

Thx a lot! I used them in the new 0.6.0.4 version. Really nice work  :)

Reaper

please switch fuel making from a cooking job to a crafting job, my people are eating raw food becuase my HIGH LVL chef is making fuel.

bolti1703

Quote from: Reaper on August 28, 2014, 11:35:01 PM
please switch fuel making from a cooking job to a crafting job, my people are eating raw food becuase my HIGH LVL chef is making fuel.

Yes you're right. I forgot to change this for this version. Will be changed in the next one which should take not to long because it will be just tweaking and fixing version, no new featueres i guess

bolti1703

New version 0.6.1.2 out.I try my first batteryless colony  8)

Reaper

please remove the metal requirement, It sucks to have to use a building materiel as a fuel. If you could i would prefer that the generator produce empty cans if you don't remove it that can be recrafted.

Stryker

Siberianhamster

Can i suggest a error message if you've built the generator in what is technically an inside space? I couldn't figure out why the generator didn't start and i was because it was in the shadow of a mountain. i just moved it 1 space over and it was fine.

bolti1703

Quote from: Siberianhamster on September 03, 2014, 07:00:52 AM
Can i suggest a error message if you've built the generator in what is technically an inside space? I couldn't figure out why the generator didn't start and i was because it was in the shadow of a mountain. i just moved it 1 space over and it was fine.

Good idea, i will make  an error message for the next version. I think i will make the message only showing if the Generator ist built and the air cleaner is Not researched.

bolti1703

Quote from: Stryker on September 03, 2014, 04:48:17 AM
Wood shouldn't be need to be refined :-X

I thought about this but the generator needs gas or liquid fuel for producing power

bolti1703

Quote from: Reaper on September 03, 2014, 02:01:22 AM
please remove the metal requirement, It sucks to have to use a building materiel as a fuel. If you could i would prefer that the generator produce empty cans if you don't remove it that can be recrafted.

A debatable point i guess. It seemed plausible for me that if you make liquid or gaseous fuel you need also a container for it. But yes it is not plausible that the container also burns in the generator.  If i make the gen produce a fuel can after burning it would interrupt the burning and the power production after every single fuel unit. You would have an additional step in the power production chain. Would increase the authenticity but complicate the playability. At the moment i prefer the  solution which i choose but as i said the topic is quite debatable.

Edit: A solution could be to spit the production of fuel and cans. you produce cans  out of 5 metal( three different one for wood gas, one for shale gas, one for ethanol ). then you use the cans for producing fuel ( for example 20 wood logs and a can ). after burning the fuel the generator produce an empty can which can be reused again. as i said this would mean an additional step and three additional resources ( empty cans).

Reaper

Quote from: bolti1703 on September 03, 2014, 10:21:26 AM
Quote from: Reaper on September 03, 2014, 02:01:22 AM

A debatable point i guess. It seemed plausible for me that if you make liquid or gaseous fuel you need also a container for it. But yes it is not plausible that the container also burns in the generator.  If i make the gen produce a fuel can after burning it would interrupt the burning and the power production after every single fuel unit. You would have an additional step in the power production chain. Would increase the authenticity but complicate the playability. At the moment i prefer the  solution which i choose but as i said the topic is quite debatable.

Edit: A solution could be to spit the production of fuel and cans. you produce cans  out of 5 metal( three different one for wood gas, one for shale gas, one for ethanol ). then you use the cans for producing fuel ( for example 20 wood logs and a can ). after burning the fuel the generator produce an empty can which can be reused again. as i said this would mean an additional step and three additional resources ( empty cans).

just make it output a empty fuel can resource and put in a new crafting recipe to use it instead of metal.

as it is the damn cans are already made from thin air with no tools. but i would like to see the machining table with a option to make cans.

bolti1703

Quote from: Reaper on September 03, 2014, 01:10:53 PM
just make it output a empty fuel can resource and put in a new crafting recipe to use it instead of metal.

as it is the damn cans are already made from thin air with no tools. but i would like to see the machining table with a option to make cans.

the cans are made in the fuel refinery. it contains all needed equipment  8) . but besides that, i agree that metal shouldn't be lost after burning. testing the new version where the generator spawns metal after burning