[MOD] (Alpha 7) Electric Generator ( v0.7.0.1 / 01.10.2014 )

Started by bolti1703, August 23, 2014, 11:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defection

InfiniteRemnant

Just had an idea, though this may have been suggested before. what about having a structure you place over water or marsh, that grows algae for fuel? that way it's not competing with your food for growing territory? It's not like you can do all that much with that terrain otherwise.

i mean they can synthesize diesel from that now, IRL and it's WAY better than the stuff made from vegetables according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algae_fuel) Maybe it could be a replacement fuel near the end of the mod's tech tree or something?

bolti1703

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on October 12, 2014, 09:28:27 AM
Just had an idea, though this may have been suggested before. what about having a structure you place over water or marsh, that grows algae for fuel? that way it's not competing with your food for growing territory? It's not like you can do all that much with that terrain otherwise.

i mean they can synthesize diesel from that now, IRL and it's WAY better than the stuff made from vegetables according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algae_fuel) Maybe it could be a replacement fuel near the end of the mod's tech tree or something?

Thx for your suggestion, i keep this in mind .no time at the moment to develop the mod but suggestions will be noticed. in some weeks i hope to release another generator mod with SyberSmoke.

Greetings

lucadena

Legnad

Has anyone tested it with Alpha 8 yet? Are you continuing development on this mod? I would really appreciate it! :)
- Legnad

bolti1703

Hi,

currently i don't have the time to do something, i even didn't play the Alpha 8  :o. So u can really say that the development is stopped.  The last update from alpha 6 to alpha 7 was no big deal, just changing some lines in the xml files. So if somebody have the time and the motivation to update the mode, just do it.

Legnad

I guess there could be some advanced development, e.g. temperature things, overheating and stuff. Also I could image making a just a generator for heating (using ethanol, shale gas etc.), not producing electric power. Just some brainstorming. Moreover some adjustment with power output (I consider it too low, you need like 100 Generators for an emergency power system of a base).

Nontheless, I really like the mod and appreciate that you developed it for us ;)
- Legnad

bolti1703

Thx  :)  was really fun to develop it but for now im out.

Greetings bolt