Endless Duplication of Weapons

Started by MeNAce, November 05, 2013, 01:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeNAce

Posted video of it on YouTube, only tested it with pistol and shotgun.

Build 250

Semmy

Please link the videos in your post (-:

Thank you very much.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

MeNAce

LOL I'm an idiot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBUuNVawTL8

Edit: new link

diaboro919

I discovered this earlier today.

I had just defeated a quite OP sniper/laser squad of 9 raiders (i find them quite amusing :P) however i could only find one R-4 charge rifle.

I accidentally told 2 colonists to grab it and ended up with them both getting one :D

I experimented with it by dropping the charge rifle and told all colonist's to take it. BOOM! all my colonists have charge rifles.

give it a try, it has worked for me on 9 separate saves.

Im under no illusion that sooner or later this will be changed haha

W1Z25

Quote from: diaboro919 on November 05, 2013, 08:42:11 AM
I discovered this earlier today.

I had just defeated a quite OP sniper/laser squad of 9 raiders (i find them quite amusing :P) however i could only find one R-4 charge rifle.

I accidentally told 2 colonists to grab it and ended up with them both getting one :D

I experimented with it by dropping the charge rifle and told all colonist's to take it. BOOM! all my colonists have charge rifles.

give it a try, it has worked for me on 9 separate saves.

Im under no illusion that sooner or later this will be changed haha

can you submit a bug report ?

diaboro919

went to do one and someones beat me to it

diaboro919

Having abused this myself, it works with all weapons if you send colonists to pick up same weapon

enystrom8734

Reported into bug tracker, thank you!

FlySpray case 128: http://ludeon.com/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=128&project=1
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

DeltaV

On testing, it doesn't look like the people with the duplicate weapons can actually fire them. It treats it like they have one, but they can't shoot it and when you go to have them equip a different weapon they don't drop the duplicated gun.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Pendryn

Quote from: DeltaV on November 05, 2013, 10:59:14 AM
On testing, it doesn't look like the people with the duplicate weapons can actually fire them. It treats it like they have one, but they can't shoot it and when you go to have them equip a different weapon they don't drop the duplicated gun.

True. They will not fire a duped gun. I, however, did have them drop the dupes. So perhaps I can still sell it.
Reticulating all the splines.

HistoryNerd

I discovered this last night with the Enfield. You can 'sell' it, and get money for it, but it won't leave your inventory, so bling bling!

Semmy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke