Alpha Seven

Started by The Outsider, August 26, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber

Quote from: Lokai on September 01, 2014, 04:15:23 AM
Quote from: REMworlder on August 27, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Prosthetics and body parts, neurotrainers, arbitrary item and structure composition, updated trading, cotton plants and clothes making...

Do you know, or does anyone know, if the updated trading just refers to ships or can we actually trade with other factions now? It would also be nice if there was some update, or explanation, to the faction system. Right now it seems you have to throw an unhealthy amount of silver at one faction in order to get them to be friendly with you, in which they might help you if you are attacked, but for some absurd reason that faction reputation always drops back down to the original number and at a pretty quick rate, which makes it completely worthless for the most part.

From what I have seen in the change log its UI only.

Changelog:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

REMworlder

QuoteFrom what I have seen in the change log its UI only.

There's also a bit more I think (or maybe you were talking about something different) from the Aug 18th changes:
-Traders can now generate items by category, so they can generate any food, any raw resource, and so on.
-Traders now randomize prices slightly within their assigned categories.
-Traders now deal in and carry apparel, body parts, prosthetics, and AI persona cores.

Regarding what Lokai asked I'm guessing all the changes are only for orbital trade.

Cpt.Fupa

Quote from: Tynan on August 26, 2014, 10:45:13 PM
1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

Actually just writing this down to see what the pattern is!

Looks like the intervals are

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

You should note that A7 is pretty ambitious.

And its still fast on my shitty 20 dollar laptop! I i hope a7 will still be the same because i love this game

StorymasterQ

1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

Also, don't forget about that two-week vacation you had between...A2 and A3? Or A3 and A4? So it's really roughly 35 days between Alphas.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

milon

Do you know, or does anyone know, if the updated trading just refers to ships or can we actually trade with other factions now? It would also be nice if there was some update, or explanation, to the faction system. Right now it seems you have to throw an unhealthy amount of silver at one faction in order to get them to be friendly with you, in which they might help you if you are attacked, but for some absurd reason that faction reputation always drops back down to the original number and at a pretty quick rate, which makes it completely worthless for the most part.

There is a known bug where faction relationship gets reset (on a game reload, I think).  This is part of what you're seeing.  Faction relationship should only change when you give them money or attack/capture their people.

Bodog999

Quote from: milon on September 02, 2014, 06:39:23 AM

There is a known bug where faction relationship gets reset (on a game reload, I think).  This is part of what you're seeing.  Faction relationship should only change when you give them money or attack/capture their people.
Its indeed on game reload the'll reset so spending silver on them to make the relationship better is worthless :/

EDIT: when you generate a world with the same see you have the colony on the factions will reset and you'll get diffrent ones.

milon

Whoa, that sounds like a bug.

Timber

The wait for A7 is killing me :/
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

StorymasterQ

Every wait for every Alpha is killing everyone. I know the feeling myself.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

milon

Alpha 7 is going to be so epic!

putsam

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 31, 2014, 04:23:26 AM
Quote from: SSS on August 30, 2014, 06:57:32 PM
Quote from: Bodog999 on August 30, 2014, 01:30:34 PM
All very nice features we (hopefully) get. I like my colonists the way they are but I hate when something really important gets shot off/destroyed/crushed. Eyes, ears and noses dont bother me too much. Got a guy with both eyes missing, has an energy rifle and can get some damn good shots on the enemy. I just want to be able to replace arms and legs and not to forget surgury for replacing the stomach and jaw.

...He can shoot his enemies without seeing them?

This sounds like a legend in the making.
Yep he is damn good in an another colony I have a guy which has his right eye missing and he cant even hit a centepide from 3 meters away with a minigun xD

I have a level 15 assassin with no eyes and 1 arm and he still gets 3/4 of the shots with a m-24

Matthiasagreen

1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

Not to jump the gun or anything, but going by the range in time between updates, we are looking at another 9 to 29 days (September 12 to August 2). That is less than a month.

Yes, I know this is only an estimate and Ty said it was going to be a big update so it could be even longer, but it is enough to keep me up at night like a little kid on (a really long) christmas eve.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

EscapeZeppelin

Based on what Tynan has said will be included in the next update I don't think we'll see anything until at least October. Although I would be very happy to be wrong.

Merry76

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on September 03, 2014, 10:22:52 AM
Based on what Tynan has said will be included in the next update I don't think we'll see anything until at least October.

HERESY!

ShadowTani

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 02, 2014, 03:47:47 AM
1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

Also, don't forget about that two-week vacation you had between...A2 and A3? Or A3 and A4? So it's really roughly 35 days between Alphas.

Actually he was at a  game conference at the end of March I believe (hence the 45 day release time for A3), then he was on vacation in May (hence the 50 day release time for A4). So yeah, in theory, if you take that into account then the average release schedule have been no more than 30-40 days so far.