Leg shot off and now stuck in bed!

Started by dazhat, August 28, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazhat

A couple to time now my colonists or prisoners have had a leg shot off and they have had no movement. They get stuck in bed and need feeding forever and can do nothing. Is there a way they can either move very slowly or build a crutch or something for them? Have I missed a part of the game?

I hope this is just temporary and I appreciate the game is in development. I know Ty is working very hard developing the game and adding new features and but i really hope we get something for this soon. I know prosthetic limbs are planned for the long term but in the short run it would be great if we could do something with people who have lost a leg.

MoparGamer

Sadly there's no current way to fix destroyed limbs in-game, and having a destroyed leg will keep your person immobile.

If you really want to make that person mobile again, you can do some save editing.

Note: Alpha 7 is coming with prosthetic limbs & more

DarkMyau

I have had the same problem. One of my three originals was confined to a sick bed. I was planning to sell her to a slaver, but the colony was attacked by Mechanoids and died.

So selling them might be an option.

Mansen

Hopefully we'll be able to get them a brand new metal leg at some point. Or arm... or torso... well anything south of the head I suppose. ROBOCO(LONIST)

milon

Bodog999

If you would like to get him/her walking again you could send the save file to me and I'll remove the destroyed leg(s) so he/she can walk again.

Shinzy

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 28, 2014, 11:54:53 AM
If you would like to get him/her walking again you could send the save file to me and I'll remove the destroyed leg(s) so he/she can walk again.
To quote one of my favourite authors;
Quote from: Terry PratchettBuild a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The point being! ..everybody should read some discworld
no wait I mean
well you get the idea!
You don't wanan fix someone's save file errytime someone gets their leg shot off
(because that happens alot)

Bodog999

Quote from: Shinzy on August 28, 2014, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: Bodog999 on August 28, 2014, 11:54:53 AM
To quote one of my favourite authors;
Quote from: Terry PratchettBuild a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The point being! ..everybody should read some discworld
no wait I mean
well you get the idea!
You don't wanan fix someone's save file errytime someone gets their leg shot off
(because that happens alot)
You dont have to just when you forgot to save or the autosave saved too much times to get it loaded before it got shot off. Just make sure you save before every battle you'll get in to.

Darqueshadow

i rewind time if my original 3 get major damage