More mean things for raiders to do...

Started by Pendryn, November 05, 2013, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pendryn

All that juicy power is just sitting there, pumping through the walls. Wouldn't it be a shame if every now and then a raider could start overloading the conduits and start exploding portions of your everything? I am vaguely certain this would be amazing.
Reticulating all the splines.

Greski09

Quote from: Pendryn on November 05, 2013, 12:10:11 PM
All that juicy power is just sitting there, pumping through the walls. Wouldn't it be a shame if every now and then a raider could start overloading the conduits and start exploding portions of your everything? I am vaguely certain this would be amazing.
This feature is in the Eclipse Colony prototype. Its pretty funny when a wall explodes because a pipe or energy conduit overloaded. I also vote for vents and air system again (atleast in poisoned or underground biomes)

Mansen

I definitely would like to see the Raiders focus on more things than just killing the inhabitants. Eventually we might see actual food and supply stores, that raiders may decide to make a beeline for if they are unguarded - after all risk without reward is a bad way to make a living.

Maybe specific raider classes that focus on different things? Thieves, Saboteurs (Sappers), Snipers and so on.

Edit: It could also be cool if some Raiders would be content with threatening you for protection money (or supplies). Pay up and we'll be on our way - don't and we'll torch the place.

Eviscerae

or, god forbid, they sit there and build a settlement.

How unnerving would it be if you're now competing for resources with an NPC group of raiders who occasionally kidnap colonists, steal food, and sabatoge your power?

Mansen

Hah - that would be awesome. Maybe further down the road - If some of your colonists get sufficiently peeved off, they'll leave and set up a camp of their own somewhere else on the map. ;D