Prioritize Activity by Location Selection.

Started by Redrabbitromp, September 07, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redrabbitromp

I really wish there was a way to prioritize activity/production by area. 

Fore example if you are trying to build a wall you should be able to select the area the wall will occupy and then the person with the highest priority to build the wall will drop everything and go do it.  If you prioritize the crematorium your best crafter should start continuously burning corpses without you having to micro individually.  There should be levels of priority so that you can have more than 1 going at the same time. This could get tricky because the highest priority crafter and builder might be the same person in which case the second highest priority crafter should go do it the second task. 

Reaper

How about something simpler? like giving pawns things like workplaces? sorta like the set owner fuction from the bed but without being restricting it to only one person, Other colonists will use it but only if the owner is busy.

Redrabbitromp

Quote from: Reaper on September 10, 2014, 02:12:33 PM
How about something simpler? like giving pawns things like workplaces? sorta like the set owner fuction from the bed but without being restricting it to only one person, Other colonists will use it but only if the owner is busy.

I don't think that would equate to the same thing Reaper.  Honestly of all my suggestions I think this one is not that hard to implement though I could be wrong. 

Reaper

what your asking for would require alot of Ai changes by the sound of it, however if you could also click a workstation and set both the owner and priority of the tasks, it seems to me like it could be extended off of current systems. Building priority by area is however moot as to use it you would need to micromange more than you currently do.

I never have had to much of a issue with the building ai.

Though i wouldn't mind a quickbuild order.