[A9] Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets

Started by skullywag, September 08, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Check the OP again I PROMISE i didnt just add a link and its been there the WHOLE time ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kilroy232

I am a little late to the party but shaped charges that remove roof are an awesome little toy, I look forward to using them.

skullywag

bean bag shotgun added to non lethals. Uses the stun damagedef. My point for this was to allow you to hold a pawn in place while your tazer/stungun squad go get close. Basically a more accurate less area effect sun grenade. Ive also tweaked the stungun and tazer, expect them to be much more consistant (slightly less OP) in terms of incapping, about 3 hits will take down most stuff. Im still not sure on the stungun needing a few hits as it has a long warmup...ill probaby redo this at some point.

PKGameOnly

Quote from: skullywag on March 09, 2015, 04:33:23 PM
bean bag shotgun added to non lethals. Uses the stun damagedef. My point for this was to allow you to hold a pawn in place while your tazer/stungun squad go get close. Basically a more accurate less area effect sun grenade. Ive also tweaked the stungun and tazer, expect them to be much more consistant (slightly less OP) in terms of incapping, about 3 hits will take down most stuff. Im still not sure on the stungun needing a few hits as it has a long warmup...ill probaby redo this at some point.

I love the fact that I am able to get non lethal weapons into my game, but I would rather prefer the Stun Gun to work the first time.  I have never heard of a stun gun not working unless the (human) was on drugs or very very large body type that would take more than 1 stunning to get him down.  Stun guns should not be considered OP at least not if you want to capture a person, some enemies are not work capturing if when you get them back home you find out that they are 99% diff to recruit.

My Question to you Skully is "is there a way I for my own personal game get those numbers up so the stun works 100% all the time"?   Bean bags I am ok in not working all the time, but I would like to see the stun always be accurate IMO.

skullywag

Yep in the hediff for spasm up the pain to 100. Thatll put em on their arse instantly...if it hits.

Edit - meant spasm not stun. It will effect the tazer also. The grenades and shotty use stun so not effected.

skullywag

Redid the mp5 texture again, im FINALLY happy with it, i use it in my games a lot, it seems to end up being my go to weapon for the majority of my colonists.

skullywag

daft73

Thanks for your time and effort skullywag, going to try some of these out.

Kastuk

I love tasers! For peaceful hunting and stuff... Sadly, I can't drag&butcher shocked cattle alive, like in real. Hmm, but humans can be, on medbed...
But spasms is so powerful. What about discharging?
Maybe, beans can make some damage, like bruises.
Extinquisher mod doesn't work. Concerned, can it be useful for cooling interiors...

Iwillbenicetou

Aaaah! Can you please condense the folders when you download all the stuff? It's really annoying. :P
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

RatedM4everyone

Quote from: skullywag on March 09, 2015, 04:33:23 PM
Im still not sure on the stungun needing a few hits as it has a long warmup...ill probaby redo this at some point.

What if instead of the 10s warmup it had a 10s cooldown? Starts fully charged, but long recharge time if you miss. Having the colonist or raider wait outside of cover while he "aims" for ten seconds will invariably get them killed. I have faced waves of pirates with nothing but stun guns, and still managed to kill them all without a single colonist incapacitated.

skullywag

If i do it on cooldown the pawn wont move even if forced until the cooldown is over. This is to stop you moving your pawn after firing and resetting the cooldown instantly. I will however have a play with the numbers now that it takes 3 shots or so to incap.

Ill condense the all link soon.

Saularian

Hi Skullywag, love your mods :)

I was trying out the stun-gun and noticed it did not incap, just stun. So went sniffing around the coding and found the damagedef was set to stun. So I changed that to spasm so it does the same damage type as the tazer. Now, it does incap around 2/3 out of 10 but the other times it usually instakills (less then lethal, just not non... :D)
The way the code looks now :

- <ThingDef ParentName="StunGunBullet">
  <defName>Bullet_StunGun</defName>
  <label>StunGun bullet</label>
  <graphicPath>Things/Projectile/Spark</graphicPath>
  <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
- <projectile>
  <flyOverhead>false</flyOverhead>
  <damageDef>Spasm</damageDef>
  <DamageAmountBase>20</DamageAmountBase>
  <Speed>20</Speed>
  </projectile>
  </ThingDef>

As I'm currently looking to build a beam-weapon with a stun variant, this could help me get into the right direction on that one. I remember it working like a charm in A8 but dpn't have those files anymore.

BTW: Love the railgun, it's a very "clean" weapon  8)...

skullywag

hmm thought id changed that....spasm is set to pain 30 or something once you hit 100 pain you go down, hence the incap, it shouldnt kill...i could go back to doing this in dll but id assumed that this worked...ill re-look into this. Thanks for letting me know.

Saularian

I'm tinkering with it a bit at the moment, trying to get it overpowered but non-lethal. Strange thing is, it is 100% non-lethal to animals, for as far as i tried it... Currently firing at 1 speed 1 damage and 101 pain, It works 10/10 on own colonists, but with a 3% of blood loss, and hostiles are still insta killed... blood loss 100% so I'll be tinkering with the hedidef and damagedef a bit now.