The UI and space

Started by skullywag, September 12, 2014, 12:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

This is really a question to Tynan more than it is a suggestion.

As im finding myself modding the hell out of your game (which is already awesome btw) im finding my UI getting more and more cluttered with items/buildings.

For example just adding a new spectrum of lights all but makes the ui in furniture massive.

Are there any plans to address this as im guessing you are not done adding items to the vanilla game yourself so will hit this point as well...or have you planned for this maybe..

Something like a sub category button on items with multiple types would help, so as an example my lights problem. Click "furniture" click the "lamps" sub category. Pick your light from the 10+ lights. There are probably flaws with this i havent taken into account however.

If this has been discussed and addressed before i apologise and will kindly do one. :)

Keep up the stellar work.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: skullywag on September 12, 2014, 12:50:50 PM
This is really a question to Tynan more than it is a suggestion.

As im finding myself modding the hell out of your game (which is already awesome btw) im finding my UI getting more and more cluttered with items/buildings.

For example just adding a new spectrum of lights all but makes the ui in furniture massive.

Are there any plans to address this as im guessing you are not done adding items to the vanilla game yourself so will hit this point as well...or have you planned for this maybe..

Something like a sub category button on items with multiple types would help, so as an example my lights problem. Click "furniture" click the "lamps" sub category. Pick your light from the 10+ lights. There are probably flaws with this i havent taken into account however.

If this has been discussed and addressed before i apologise and will kindly do one. :)

Keep up the stellar work.

He has mentioned two things that would probably be interesting to you. First, in his changelog, you can find this.

Sept 3
● Resource readout (screen top left) now has a mode where entries are listed in collapsible categories.

Now this is not the exact idea you were talking about, I think, as you are talking more about the building aspect, not the readout aspect. It does show a future possibility.

The second is from this thread: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5776.msg55652#msg55652

He says "The building is 'wall'. You choose what you want to build it out of...." This implies to me that he is combining the wall types in the construction tab to just Wall and it gives the various types, which leads me to believe he will be doing this in the future for other items. I am not Tynan though and he follows these threads well enough that you may get it directly from the source!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...