[MOD] (Alpha 7) More Power - smaller solar panels / wind turbine /ThermalGenMk2

Started by skullywag, September 16, 2014, 05:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

DOWNLOAD FROM MY GITHUB:

https://github.com/Skullywag/Rimworld-Mods (download zip and grab the mod you need)

Me again with another small mod, this adds 3 new solar panels, 3x3, 2,2 and 1x1 all using Tynans original art for the larger solar panel and all have their own classes to allow the power meter to still work at the smaller sizes. They are slightly less efficient than the vanilla solar panel (basically they are 100w per tile as opposed to the 106.25w of the large one.)

I was a bit miffed at the size of the solar panels ingame in that I had to reserve special areas for them, so I made this to counter that problem.

REMOVED FOR NOW - Added a pressurised wood burner to produce Synthetic Gas (Syngas) which can be used in a combustion engine to produce power, as Synthetic Gas can be burned at higher temps than the wood used to produce it, its a renewable energy. So something like needing 50w over 30 seconds to burn 5 wood logs produces a cannister of Syngas, this can burn in a Gas Engine for 2 mins at 300w. (number are off the top of my head but you get the point).

NOW IN - Wind power - Turbines, like solars would be passive power production but it would fluctuate and chance of damage in storms. Credit mrofa for the art on this.

Ive also added an improved Thermal Generator, built using plasteel this thing doubles the output of the standard one.

And to compliment the MK2 Genny, ive added a mk2 battery made from plasteel, 75% efficiency and double capacity.

Other people have done nuclear/atomic so not sure i want to go there, at least not yet)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Reaper

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

skullywag

GothikaGeist

I edited the core assets to make this:

Doesn't look too bad :D

Thanks for the mod! I've attached the textures in case you want to include them as an update :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

skullywag

Updated to A7

It will soon be on:

https://github.com/Skullywag/Rimworld-Mods (download zip and grab the mod you need)

I REPEAT NOT READY QUITE YET

Ramsis

Quote from: Rikiki on September 16, 2014, 08:18:31 AM
Electric generator with wood already exists: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5709.0.
Don't waste your time! :D

Rikiki on behalf of the community I'm asking nicely that you remove your post here... It comes off far more dickish than I think you intended and personally it's a sore post to make.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

JonoRig

In addition, competition is good, he might do something different to that wood generator mod

k1ll3rM

I saw you asked architect to use parts of his mod in this mod. Could you add the laserdrill and the roofdrill please? I love to use them and they still have to do with power (laserdrill for geothermal and roofdrill for solarpanels)

skullywag

shadowstreaker

k1ll, try Enhanced Defence for the laser drill, it's modular so you can choose to omit the rest of the mod, but it has both a laser drill, for new vents, and a laser filler, to get rid of old ones (Idek why someone would wanna remove them but hey)

k1ll3rM

Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 07, 2014, 10:40:13 AM
k1ll, try Enhanced Defence for the laser drill, it's modular so you can choose to omit the rest of the mod, but it has both a laser drill, for new vents, and a laser filler, to get rid of old ones (Idek why someone would wanna remove them but hey)
I already have that one but I'm still missing the roof drill and the research from that mod doesnt seem to show up

Clibanarius

skullywag

Ok I have a version that works. The wood burner, generator and synthgas textures are fugly but the machines work.they need balancing more as does the wind turbine (Better Powers with some modifications) I'm hoping to get a release of sorts up today maybe tomorrow.