[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Deco/ WaterBoarding - build on mud

Started by skullywag, September 16, 2014, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Thank you Skullywag! The best parts of this mod is rocks joing together, and the roof bombs!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

skullywag

Ok i forgot to add the linkflags to conduit walls, ive done this now. They now join to rocks also.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

the_hawkk

Hello all, I'm having an issue with "moving mountains". I am trying to make an in-mountain wind farm/solar farm. I place the thermite bombs and set them off and then create a no roof zone, but they still don't work. Any ideas?

skullywag

Unfortunately it only turns the thick roof into thin roof, youd still need to collapse the roof somehow. Its good for edge roofs not the middle. Once i add a larger version this may become easier.

the_hawkk

Ah, that would do it. so i have to let the roof collapse a few times before i can make it work? or just wait for the bigger bomb? :P

skullywag

Well bomb goes off thick roof becomes thin roof if no support it falls leaving sky. Remember a roof needs to be 8 blocks from a supporting structure to fall.

Killaim

termite bomb is so nice to make your base proper - i tweaked the file for my own gameplay though to be a bit cheaper (tried to tweak the size of the roof change effect first but failed)

so now just buildt a big bomb instead of a singular bomb :P :)

skullywag

ozzymud

Am I just using this wrong? I researched it, created a bomb in a spot that had a small overhang of thin rock roof outside my base. It appears to have done nothing as mousing over the spot it was in and the areas around it (3x3) still shows a thin rock roof and they still appear darkened.

Edit: P.S. I tried both with the version I downloaded last night (I assume 1x1) and also the new one from the last post (3x3).

skullywag

Yes you are misunderstanding the bomb is there to turn "overhead mountain" into "thin rock roof" which allows you to then remove the supports (8 blocks away) and the "think rock roof" will fall and then you have open sky.

ozzymud

Quote from: skullywag on October 31, 2014, 02:43:20 PM
Yes you are misunderstanding the bomb is there to turn "overhead mountain" into "thin rock roof" which allows you to then remove the supports (8 blocks away) and the "think rock roof" will fall and then you have open sky.

Well then :) This is still just as handy for other tasks. So I guess I'm stuck with the little overhangs as I don't want to dig into the mountain at those spots.

Is there anyway besides digging 8 in that I can remove those small overhangs?

skullywag

Not without another type of bomb or something to completely remove the roof. I might add one, ill have a think.

ozzymud

Thanks for looking into it, those dark patches beside mountains are annoying :P

skullywag

I suppose I could use the same bomb and say if its mountain go thin roof, if its thin roof go sky. Makes sense...Ill add it as soon as I can. :)

skullywag

There ya go, thermite bomb now does 3x3 takes mountain to thinroof and thinroof to sky. :)