Fan-Art

Started by Kalesin, September 22, 2013, 04:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AspenShadow

Quote from: British on October 08, 2013, 03:59:04 PM
I don't know if the actual logo (from the game) is final, but at least it's as recent as the KS campaign.
I actually don't like it, but that's just me.

Agree with you on that, it's got a certain indie quality to it, but it just doesn't seem to click with me as "the RimWorld icon".

I think I heard somewhere that the one above is indeed a placeholder, but I'll have to dig up the source and modify this post in a bit.

Nero

It's a concept/WIP/trying to find my pen and tablet to make it look decent but here it is so far:

AspenShadow

Quote from: Nero on October 09, 2013, 11:18:09 AM
It's a concept/WIP/trying to find my pen and tablet to make it look decent but here it is so far:

I'm liking it as a base, but get rid of the moon because the game is set on the moon lol.
The font is nice and sci-fi though maybe change the red colour to a more... happy? Happy colour coz it looks a bit threatening/shooter-esque.
I had thought the Rimworld title could be set against the black silhouette of an unknown planet and the rimworld you've got there acting as the "O" could have a simple animation so when the game loads it orbits from out of sight behind the silhouette and into place as the "O" in the title?

Nero

If I ever find my pen then I'll do something better.

British

AspenShadow

Zeiph

Actually I'm curious about what you're capable of ^^

Ontogenesis

I would avoid anything round and brown as the O, considering the game contains the word 'rim', and people (like me) may make connections. I like the font though - very Weyland.

Nero

I have to write a paper, but if I get it done before it's too late I'll try and get something decent out. I am thinking about taking out the ship and moon and just detailing the planet a little bit, move the words below the image and have the silhouette of a large planet in the background. 

Nero

Just playing around.

lap00

Just a concept idea. Maybe change the "O" with star to a star in the rimworld solar system

Nero

I like that, did you use a stock for the planet or is that your work?

lap00

I grapped the planet from ludeon's background.

Imagine the logo and sun rise behind the planet in a splashscreen or something.

Lechai

i love the star idea, looks very nice

AspenShadow

Agreed, I still prefer the silhouette with dramatic sunrise/star coming over the arc trope as if Biomes are introduced the desert world will look a bit off. Stick with red star or white dwarf? I always liked the blue-white look of a white dwarf.