My thoughts - Several suggestions - Upd 07/11/13

Started by Andouce, November 05, 2013, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andouce

Hi there  :) ,

First of all let me say how amazed i am at RW and the stage it is at. The content for the stage is really well thought out and the game itself has huge potential for the future.

Currently here are a couple of suggestions/ideas i have came up with. (Sorry if already suggested but had to include anyway)

> Have an option for "Military" personnel classes only that allows them to work effectively as a guard. You can station them in an area or assign an area for them to patrol or such and they will deal with any threats.

> If the above has been accepted, remove the "draft" option from the classes with the option above and keep it only for colonists and non-military personnel. Effectively like a conscription/last minute defence of the colony by these people.

> Regarding the effectiveness of "Graveyards", allow bodies to possibly decompose in a sense that over time the grave empties and then someone has to clean it out to be re-used. Basically the body disappears after a certain length of time and the grave is then cleaned and re-used. This could be either attached onto the "Cleaning" skill or have a completely new skill like grave management or something.
I noticed a durability bar on graves or people in them. This could be useful as this bar or stat could degrade over the time and once it hits 0, the body then does the above.

> If the above is accepted, add an effect of disease on bodies left lying around after a length of time and if any colonist goes in a certain area near them they can catch it and thus health deteriorates over time, possible use for medication as well in this scenario. Also promotes the whole burial idea and the above suggestion and solutions.

> New clothing - specific to each class of character? so military classes have military looking uniforms perhaps and colonists etc matching accordingly. Even a simple colour co-ordination would work with the ability to even customize each of your colonists. Possible future build idea.

> Manually Assigning - Ability to manually assign beds and claimable items to colonists. For example the bed. You could manually assign it to a specific person.

> Fog of war - LOS system. You know exactly what i mean by this.

> Raiders forming colonies and scout - For future, raiders can have a scout who can scout out your colony before an attack or decide to attack or not. Also can find suitable area for a raider colony to be set up. This would increase difficulty substantially and even allow an offensive but also with a LOS/FOW system it would work great as you wouldn't know if the scout is their unless you do the same and similar with the colony idea.

Thanks for your time, i will update this if i think of anything else.
Keep up the good work.  ;D

Festivejelly

I like the disease and decomposing bodies idea. The disease could act like the fire does currently and slowly deteriorate health as well as spreading to others.

nja

I really like the idea of having a "military" job.  Too often my Assassins are off walking on the other side of the base when the raiders attack!