Rule #1 of electricity

Started by pfig, September 20, 2014, 04:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfig

Hi all,

I got Rimworld yesterday, and this is from my first colony - a fire broke out after lightning hit a battery.

Although it taught me a valuable lesson (do not build electrickery on the outside), the reason the fire spread was that my colonists decided it was time to go to bed... while in the middle of putting it out.

In any case, as I watched them crawl to bed and saw the flames taking over I couldn't help but laugh, when it dawned on me that everything was going to go up in smoke.

As they say on that other site, "Losing is fun".

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Haplo

If they are rested enough you can force wake them by drafting and releasing them.
But yes, that's one of the base principles of RimWorld: Loosing is fun ;D

milon

You can also draft them and stand them near the fire. A drafted colonist will put out any nearby fire, and won't go to sleep until you undraft them.  But like you said, Losing is Fun!

ParagonTerminus

What I want to know is why you didn't build a Metal base.

Metal mastar raec
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: ParagonTerminus on September 20, 2014, 05:10:15 PM

Metal mastar raec

He just started :P Give him a chance.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

ascdren

Metal mastar raec

Wood looks nicer

milon

ParagonTerminus

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on October 02, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Metal mastar raec

He just started :P Give him a chance.

HERESY

MY FIRST BASE WAS ENTIRELY STONE/METAL

WOOD = DEVILSPAWN
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

Coenmcj

Heresy you say?!

I decided to build one of my bases out of whatever was on hand! Stone, Metal, Plasteel, Gold... WOOD, whatever I could find was placed onto the wall!
A true monstrosity if ever I saw one!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Endoric

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 08, 2014, 08:31:48 PM
Heresy you say?!

I decided to build one of my bases out of whatever was on hand! Stone, Metal, Plasteel, Gold... WOOD, whatever I could find was placed onto the wall!

I wish we could make walls out of meat, it would be like farscape...

Angie

Quote from: Endoric on October 21, 2014, 09:36:22 AM
Heresy you say?!

Okay, that's it: I (politely and with the utmost respect) demand someone make a Human Meat Wall Mod

Endoric

Quote from: Angie on October 21, 2014, 10:06:48 AM
Quote from: Endoric on October 21, 2014, 09:36:22 AM
Heresy you say?!

Okay, that's it: I (politely and with the utmost respect) demand someone make a Human Meat Wall Mod

Where is the like button?!

MaxWR

Put all your colonists Firefighting on highest priority. Fire will never bug you again (maybe ;) ). Also when your colonists go to sleep just draft them and undraft them again. Then they should go put out the fire. Good Luck with your further Rimworld career. ;D

PS: Seconding the meatwall idea. Use corpses of your fallen enemies to build walls sounds awesome. Maybe make a mood penalty for having one in your base (except for psychopaths of course ^^ )

Halinder

Quote from: MaxWR on October 21, 2014, 04:17:34 PM
Put all your colonists Firefighting on highest priority. Fire will never bug you again (maybe ;) ). Also when your colonists go to sleep just draft them and undraft them again. Then they should go put out the fire. Good Luck with your further Rimworld career. ;D

PS: Seconding the meatwall idea. Use corpses of your fallen enemies to build walls sounds awesome. Maybe make a mood penalty for having one in your base (except for psychopaths of course ^^ )

Using it for all walls = instant mental break, all the time, every time. Although an amazing way to make raiders go psycho.