[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Riddle78 on July 21, 2016, 04:17:42 PM
Alright,I got the log. Looking at the debug window I had open,it looks like an Argument Null Exception Error,if that's the right lingo. So,to anyone who can make sense of it,here ya go. Also,I added LT-No Cleaning Please! and RT Fuse to the load order,immediately above EdBPrepareCarefully at the end of my load order.

Definitely due to one of those mods.  There's a modded item somewhere in there that Prepare Carefully is not handling properly and that's breaking it.

Darkanrath

Don't want to bring up the same problems over and over, but my pawns reset to their original stats and so do the items that drop down with me after starting the game. I read earlier pages saying it was fixed but I am using the latest version and am still getting the problem.

EdB

Quote from: Darkanrath on July 21, 2016, 11:00:44 PM
Don't want to bring up the same problems over and over, but my pawns reset to their original stats and so do the items that drop down with me after starting the game. I read earlier pages saying it was fixed but I am using the latest version and am still getting the problem.

The explanation for this problem has been floating around in this topic for the last few weeks, but it was never called out prominently, so I went ahead and added it to the FAQ section in the original post.  Essentially, it's a mod conflict.  You can try to solve it by placing Prepare Carefully last in your mod order, but this may break the mod that it conflicts with.  Take a look at that FAQ for a little more info.

EDIT: But if that doesn't fix it for you, let me know.

Darkanrath

You are correct. Mod Conflict with a map generation mod. Other problems like certain items selected to come with don't spawn and my pawns won't spawn with implants, but I'm sure those are mod conflicts. I'll just mess around with them!

Thank you however.

Riddle78

You would not BELIEVE what mod was causing the conflict. It was Efficient Light. I've left a post in the thread letting the author,and potential users,know. Such a shame,too. I liked that one.

Azrail

Quote from: dragonheck on July 21, 2016, 04:37:26 PM
i am jut wondering but when making your colonists during actual play i randomly seem to get disabled work even though prepare carefully said they could do everything just wondering how to fix that?

I've found saving then loading fixes this problem.

laak

Just a heads up Misc. MapGenerator from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 will generate a mod conflict that overrides Prepare Carefully no matter what order they are in

Wild_Wolve

oooooouuuuuuuuwwwwwwwuuuuuuuoooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu .....
*wolf howling*
Hello community and greetings from vienna/austria

first of all ... EdB thank you so mutch for this mod, it's one of the most importand mods for rimworld in my opinion and thanks for still working on this problems with the A14 updates, after leaving the mod-projekt and give out the source code, so some other guys could take it over ... thanks thanks thanks so mutch EdB
second ... if something of my words sounds wierd, please excuse me, i'm from austria, my mothertongue is german and not english

now i had the same problems, as i was reading here. after reading the last posting of laak i try to testing this out.
well i don't understand anything of programming or mod creating, but if my understanding is right, it does make a difference if one mod is loading befor another. so i created a few times a new world.

as i said, i had the same problems like the other people in here. i was loading my last world and got an error message because of an conflict with the game version. i got into the mod menu and reaktive all of my mods ... inkluding misc. map generator, glitter tech and Edb's PC. but it won't load my world so i deleted it and started a new one and realized my PC_presset was not be accepted by the game .. i got the 3 default colonists. i readed the comments in here and then i stratet to testing that out.
first .... i puttet glitter tech below Prepare carefully in the modmenu, otherwise the PC button would be dead, it would be doing just nothing.
Then i startet a few times a  world with this set up in the modmenu

other mods
"prepare carefully"
"misc. mapgenerator"
"glittertech"

in every world i startet like so .. my PC-presset got overwriten and i got the 3 default colonists
I startet a few worlds with this setup in the modmenu

other mods
"misc. mapgenerator"
"prepare carefully"
"glittertech"

in every world i got my costum colonists "Wolve", "Megan Fox", "Amber Marshall" and "Ellie Bishop" ( :P yeah i know i know, one guy and 3 really hot chicks :P )
after doing the changes in the mod menu i manually shut down and reopen Rimworld, so the game have to re initialize the configs and the mods and everything. i don't know, but that is maybee the issue for laaks case. maybee he did not load the game new after changing the setup in the mod menu, if you deactivate a mod and leave the modmenu the game ask you to restart ... but the game doesn't do that if you just set a mod a few bit higher
i've done that and the game seems to work fine for me.

just wanna let you know this xD

greetings ... Wolve

123nick

there is a patch for using miscellaneous map generator and EDB prepare carefully: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

click this link:

after you have gone too the thread. you can find it via scrolling down

Grynnreaper

i use the misc, the panda the glitter and the epoe along with a host of others, i puts my miscs, all of em, right after ccl, then panda, then edb then the edb mis patch, then everything else. Also i caught 18 pokemon today on pokemon go.

facc00

Thank you so much, I really hope someone picks this up if not the Devs because this is a truly amazing option this game direly needs.  Sometimes I dont want to start random.  :)

Hayhorse

EdB - Electronic death Bats

Trying to think what EdB would be an acronym of.

jonbrant

I think it's the guy's name. Can't remember where I saw it though

DOMA

Any ideas for the error?  :'(

I tried by changing mod orders many times, but the same message shows up.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

EdB

Quote from: DOMA on July 24, 2016, 08:19:05 PM
Any ideas for the error?  :'(

I tried by changing mod orders many times, but the same message shows up.

There's a modded item somewhere in the mods that you're using that Prepare Carefully is not handling properly.  That's what's breaking it.  You'll need to figure out which mod it is and disable.