[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

EdB

Quote from: Dragoon on November 01, 2014, 03:34:14 AM
Can you make this have back stories in alphabetical order?

When you're not as familiar with all of the backstories, I like clicking the next and previous buttons and not really knowing what you're going to get next, but I understand that once you know them well, you just want to quickly find the one that you want.

I'll probably leave the order as is when you're using those next and previous buttons, but I'll alphabetize it when you click to open the full list.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Vas

Seems some of the traits I wanted are gone.  :P  That's rather odd.

Anyway, think you could add a birthday modifier too?  So you can choose colonist birthdays?

One more thought, is the ability to create custom backstories, that only get saved within the save file, or maybe wherever the presets are saved to.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

DJEquestria

The mod doesn't seem to work for me i downloaded it and put it in the mod folder and turned it on what am i doing wrong?

Iwillbenicetou

Are you sure you followed the guidlines (hint look below)
  |
  |
\/
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

EdB

Quote from: Vas on November 04, 2014, 10:11:50 AM
Seems some of the traits I wanted are gone.  :P  That's rather odd.

Can you give me an example?  I'd like to make sure that nothing is getting left out.

EdB

Quote from: DJEquestria on November 04, 2014, 03:51:58 PM
The mod doesn't seem to work for me i downloaded it and put it in the mod folder and turned it on what am i doing wrong?

The key item from the Mod Help! thread referenced above is this one:

3. Move the folder into the mods folder, located in your Rimworld install location, make sure that the mods files are 1 level deep (for example /mods/modname/defs. not /mods/modname/modname/defs as sometimes happens.

Also be sure that you'd don't rename the mod folder.  If you change it from "EdBPrepareCarefully" to something else, it won't work.  I don't think that's an issue with most mods, but it's important for both of the EdB mods.

Reysuke

Is there a way to check how healthy my colonist will land?
Because i rly hate it to spawn with cataract or scars :c

EdB

Quote from: Reysuke on November 05, 2014, 11:49:34 PM
Is there a way to check how healthy my colonist will land?
Because i rly hate it to spawn with cataract or scars :c

Currently, there is no way to do this. Old injuries are assigned randomly based on the age of the colonist when the game starts.  I'm working on a way to add bionics to your colonists, but I'm not sure that's going to extend to being able to choose injuries.  If it doesn't, maybe I'll just include a way to turn off injuries for a given colonist.

EdB

I've released a new version, 1.3.1 that adds the following features:

• Save and load individual colonists (credit to Sooner535 for first suggesting this idea).
  • Added a "Body Parts" option above the colonist portrait along with the apparel layers.  From here, you'll be able to assign bionics to your colonists (credit to TheClassiness for first suggesting this) and turn off random injury generation.
  • You can click inside the skill bars to set the skill level instead of clicking on the arrow buttons.
  • Backstories and Traits are now sorted alphabetically when you open the full list (credit to Dragoon for requesting this).
Hopefully there aren't too many bugs in there, but please let me know if I missed any issues.  Full release notes:

Version 1.3.1 (2014-11-08)

- Added a "Body Parts" option above the colonist portrait.  Use it to:
    - Add bionics to your colonists.
    - Disable old injury generation on your colonists.
- Save and load individual colonists.
- You can now click on the skill bar to set your skill level.
- Traits and backstories are now sorted alphabetically when you open the
   dialog to view the full list.
- BUGFIX: Initial work priorities are now correctly assigned based on chosen
   skill levels
- BUGFIX: Selecting a backstory that has duplicate names (like "Assassin")
   now chooses the correct one in the Backstory selection dialog.

Xerberus86

just wanted to start playing rimworld again after some weeks now (first time with alpha7), couldn't play without the complete TTM mod package and your mods are pretty much essential too :).

just as i was starting a new game i browsed the forums and found out about the newest update, installed 1.2.3 initially but i switched it out with 1.3.1 now. haven't actually played the game but after installing the 1.3.1 version i get a bunch of error code on the game launch (main menue).

hope this helps you (see attachment).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

EdB

Quote from: Xerberus86 on November 08, 2014, 06:01:13 PM
just wanted to start playing rimworld again after some weeks now (first time with alpha7), couldn't play without the complete TTM mod package and your mods are pretty much essential too :).

just as i was starting a new game i browsed the forums and found out about the newest update, installed 1.2.3 initially but i switched it out with 1.3.1 now. haven't actually played the game but after installing the 1.3.1 version i get a bunch of error code on the game launch (main menue).

hope this helps you (see attachment).

I don't think those are caused by Prepare Carefully.  The red messages you're seeing pop up (InstallBionicLiver, InstallBionicJaw, etc) are from the Recipe Nurse mod and are normal.  When I say "normal," I mean that's just how the mod works.  I find them a little frustrating.  I hope JuliaEllie changes them from log errors--which force the console to pop up--to log message, which don't.  The others look like they have something to do with mods and missing translations--I'm not sure about those.

Xerberus86

ah ok, well i just got the message with prepare carefully 1.3.1, with 1.2.3 i didn'T get them. weird o.O.

Vas

How about the ability to set a colonist's birthday?  Also to change their body type.  I'm tired of getting fat people that look like a giant ball with a head on it.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.