whats do you normally name your colony

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 27, 2014, 11:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Fupa

I normally name mine otaku tako town. Because i love anime and tacos. Simple as that.

Shinzy

My most common naming theme has been to just name it after the first three

Vladtuiophelium for instance =P After Vladimir, Tui and Ophelia

on the occasion when I actually forget one of the names at the time you have to name the thing I go with something like Cragfort

or something similar, depending on where I've started to build the colony

My current one's called Uptodaterton because of the wiki was being updated atm
If I could, I'd rename the place lagtown or Lagsabunchandsome

Cpt.Fupa

Numar

After a lot of playthroughs, I simply don't care anymore and go with the suggested name.

Rahjital

Usually a crash-related name with some influence from the landscape. The last one was named Crater Creek.

You can change your colony name using the dev tools, by the way.

Calistyn

I name mine based on the cardinal direction of the colony. So things little Northwest, South, Southeast, etc. Colonies in the center of the map are named Cardinal.

Rainbowlicious

I usually name them something like 'Marefort' 'Dise' 'Maripony' for colonies that are mostly outside, and 'Vault #' or 'Stable #' for colonies that are mostly inside.

Ptolisgoodguy

mine usually follows a theme of hope like 'Bastion' or 'Sanctity' but I also name them after the surroundings and my neighbours like 'Crossfire' if I'm between warring tribes or pirates. I might also go for '______ Coast', '_______ Hills' or '_______ Mountains'. mood also sways the naming conventions

EDIT: @Rainbowlicious I get that reference and I might have to consider that as well.
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Sir Wagglepuss III

Geokinesis

Chaplain

Crash 'n' Burn.  Simple enough and quite accurately describes the history of a colony:
1.  We Crashed
2.  We did some crap 'n' stuff.
3.  Pirates burned our stuff down.

I also like Known Space-esque colony names like Werealive or Wemadeit.

Darastrix

'Whiskey Outpost'

Probably a bad idea to name it that from the start...
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Gonorejus

I would name my colonies "I am gonna break your legsville" but this name is too long, so I just go with the suggested one.

Taboo102

I usually name mine after the asshole who suggests naming it unless I think of something better, like if the colonists all have some backstory in common or if I did a naming theme with my colonists.

Spectre

I usually name it after places from my favourite video games such as Dragonfall or Nosgoth.

When I don't see the colony going anywhere I name it Fort Kickass after the Archer series.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.