[Mod Request] Ammo for colonist weapons??

Started by Entityofsin, September 30, 2014, 03:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entityofsin

Okay this is a request only if it's possible. I am kind of guessing that it would be. I am also assuming something like this would need to be hard coded into the game with the mod in order to work and that's if it even is possible.

To explain what the mod would do, it basically would be an item that colonists would equip similar to the Door Key that they already get. The weapon magazines could either have a decreasing durability the more the colonist shoots or comes with a limited capacity of shots (number of attacks and not actual bullets being used) that the colonists would be able to have in a fire fight.

So if a colonist is using the M16 and it shoots like 4 bullets it would only subtract 1 durability from the item. The item itself could have like 30, 50, 60, or more durability. Part of the mod would include a crafting station for creating the item as well.

If the mod is possible it can introduce actual weapon ammo that would need to be managed.

Just an idea I suppose and it's really inspired mostly from playing XCOM games. lol

Jaxxa

This should be possible, I did something similar for the mounted turrets.

The general idea would be to override Pawn or Equipment class and have the checks in there.
But I have not looked at the specific code for this.

RawCode

it wont make game any deep at current stage, proper implementation require much more then two overrides, you need AI for colonist to rearm automatically and custom rendering to render ammo information.

without AI or proper ammo indication game will turn into korean RTS with insane micro.

Romi

Entityofsin

Well at least it's good to know that it's possible. I am not really that big of a fan of adding more micro into the game. There already is enough anyways. lol

mrofa

Quote from: RawCode on October 01, 2014, 09:26:51 AM
it wont make game any deep at current stage, proper implementation require much more then two overrides, you need AI for colonist to rearm automatically and custom rendering to render ammo information.

without AI or proper ammo indication game will turn into korean RTS with insane micro.

Tynan did once said that you can use  "key" in the button option as a ammo couter, i guess the only problem would be the AI for pawns to reload especialy for raiders.
All i do is clutter all around.