(Alpha 7) Sooner535's Weapon Pack V0.5B (Updated with dual wield!)

Started by Sooner535, October 07, 2014, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

Quote from: Sooner535 on October 08, 2014, 08:43:54 PM
^ if only I could get a penny everytime I hear that joke  8)

unintentional i swear.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Sooner535

Uh-huh unintentional :P

As for the no LP of Rimworld I am too busy updating this mod haha :P, I thought about doing it once my warband or minecraft series are done.

As for the "collaboration of modders" I would be more than happy to do that once I get up to 1.0 and I am not staring down every detail :P

As for the shield try getting your colonist with power armor and a scutum (hint I believe it is about a 70% block lol) I may create one that also covers better heat and electric damage? With a small boost to pierce/blunt? Since adding like 15% of weapon block and 85% of armor doesn't mean it will block 100% I am wondering what the formula is, perhaps the scutum covers all body parts and the armor covers separate? I am unsure, but I will find out >.<

Nopkar

Had an idea since two weapons slots aren't available yet: would it be possible to make a weapon called 'Gladius/Scutum' where it gives the defense of the scutum and the offense of the gladius? this way we may be able to imitate having the two weapons separately? I ask because I see weapon damage on the scutum, didn't know if you could bump that up and change the name to reflect that you're using a weapon along with the shield

edit: and while i'm thinking about it, what about an energy shield that protects heavily against energy and fire but does little or nothing for piercing and blunt? those pesky mechs are getting bold

Sooner535

^those are some great ideas but I think (only think) that I may have a sloppy way for "dual wielding" ill give it a shot >.<

I really like the energy shield part sounds nice

Sooner535

Sooner535's Weapon Pack V0.5B is now being authorized by the ModDB admin team! What does it add?:

Fixes:
All guns that end with a number have now been fixed and will start showing up (M4A1, M16, Stoner 63, etc.)
My remake of the Uzi will be used now (I had missed a line of code)
Scutum and Gladius price reduction to make way for the Scutum and Gladius!

Added:
THE FIRST DUAL WIELD IN RIM WORLD! (I think) YOU CAN NOW WIELD THE AWESOME DEFENSIVE POWER OF THE SCUTUM WITH THE OFFENSIVE MIGHT OF THE GLADIUS! ENJOY!

Clibanarius

diegopesente

Clibanarius

I love this mod, and I love that you took that idea for dual-wielded equipment and creatively implemented it like this! One day we'll have two hands to work with, maybe, but this is the best way to do it at the moment, outside of going into doing like with the Tribal Shield and sticking it on otherwise-underutilized clothing slots.

thrakkemarn

Sweet! I was just coming to report the missing weapons (hilarious getting raiders running in unarmed to punch your defenses). Can't wait to try out the dual wielding!

ModDB hurry up!

Sooner535

>.< I tried coding it but Rimworld was like "nah who would want duel wielding?" >.< and ya two lightsabers are better than one lol :D I think duel pistols will be fun as well as perhaps maybe if I can code it a pistol and a sword? (Look out Cade skywalker fans)

As for the fixes ya I noticed it too >.< I was wondering why a guy tried to beat me silly haha.

Nopkar

Quote from: Sooner535 on October 09, 2014, 11:30:31 AM
^those are some great ideas but I think (only think) that I may have a sloppy way for "dual wielding" ill give it a shot >.<

I really like the energy shield part sounds nice

LOVE IT! ah ha! this is exactly what I was thinking and even the balance seems pretty good! less attack power in relation to only the weapon and less defense if you went with only the shield, great middle ground to get the best of both worlds!

Getting into the territory of firearm+shield is kinda iffy, you don't wanna make it too good or anything and devalue the weapons, but if balanced right it would be glorious!

Now for a Riot Shield/Baton pairing for putting down those insolent prisoner uprisings and Energy Shield/Nano-sword (lightsaber I suppose) combo's for some serious futuristic melee combat! but seriously, you could pair almost any single melee weapon with a shield of like era and have another item so maybe hit the essentials? I dunno, just spitballing some stuff

Sooner535

Well the hard part of adding in a melee to a ranged is how the damage system works, I may be able to fix it but for now am away from my PC and will be for a bit. As for the other combos I really like the ideas :) we already have "riot armor" per say lol >.<

Nopkar

So far shield/sword melee outposts work pretty well. I've lost a few colonists to Great Bow wielding tribals even with power armor so they don't make you invincible (I was kinda cocky after the last few raids)

Sooner535

Ya you'd be better off with a shield/power combo, it's a 10% increase across the board (not a huge one but it can help)

thrakkemarn

Took some time and put all the weapons into a spreadsheet with comparisons to vanilla weapons, some interesting things appear:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FyOWhRylxnjdkktMAuUf2w0S3RyfdKAV0NNAWbH5vhg/edit?usp=sharing

Used the wiki formula for calculating RoF and DPS. Take a gander.

I love your guns but I think for the sake of gameplay (which I value over realism) I might just balance out a lot of the guns within their categories. Tweaking the warmup vs cooldown vs burst tick to equalize target acquisition times etc. Changing the lightsaber to not be so ridiculously OP. Also, getting rid of the <1% long range guns is probably going to be needed for the AI. Don't take this the wrong way I LOVE what you're doing I just have a few nitpicks (that are mostly my personal preference anyway).