[1.0] Extended Turrets Mod --1.0 Release Update--

Started by Kilroy232, October 10, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessi

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 13, 2016, 02:06:00 PM
Quote from: Jessi on April 10, 2016, 04:15:19 AM
Need this for A13!

I stopped playing for ages back in A9/8, a few mods I loved have dissappeared. Hope this doesn't.

Ask and you shall receive :)
I hadn't noticed the new alpha version so I think I will take some time on my next day off (Tomorrow) and update this mod of Alpha 13.

Thank you for your message and your continued interest, I like knowing that people still have an interest in this mod.

Same for me, I second this tho. This was the best mod for turrets. All new ones seem to be missing textures for the bullets. :o
A curious little creature...

Kilroy232

Everything seems to be running smoothly on Alpha 13 now. Enjoy and let me know if anyone has a problem

Lumaan

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 17, 2016, 07:07:41 PM
Everything seems to be running smoothly on Alpha 13 now. Enjoy and let me know if anyone has a problem
Installed the new CCL and this mods beside the rest I use, mod list gets reset to default. Had to delete the CCL dll you have in your mod to be able to run it beside the new CCL.

Kilroy232

Quote from: Lumaan on April 17, 2016, 07:52:31 PM
Installed the new CCL and this mods beside the rest I use, mod list gets reset to default. Had to delete the CCL dll you have in your mod to be able to run it beside the new CCL.

That's my mistake. You actually don't need the CCL assembly anymore so you can simply delete it or redownload the mod as I have correctly the downloads

Lumaan

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 17, 2016, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: Lumaan on April 17, 2016, 07:52:31 PM

That's my mistake. You actually don't need the CCL assembly anymore so you can simply delete it or redownload the mod as I have correctly the downloads
8)

Kilroy232

Would anyone be interested in one of the following ideas for this mod:

-A trader that deals primarily in weapons and armour
-A new kind of perimeter defense like barbed wire or firewall
-Rocket artillery to be used against sieges

Lumaan

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 23, 2016, 06:10:10 PM

All 3 ::) But if I need to pick, it'd be number 2 8)

Glendening

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 23, 2016, 06:10:10 PM

I think we already have a space trader that deals in weapons/armor?
More perimeter defence is always nice to have.
What sort of rocket artillery are we talking? Something like an MLRS? multishot salvo with long reload? That could be fun.

Dugalle900

Just found this mod and can't hold myself back, the title says it's version 1.5.6 but the OP says it's 1.5.5 and there is a typo in the description of the improved turret (improved version *of) :)

Gonna test it now and see how it does
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Nanao-kun

I don't remember if the vanilla turrets do it as well, but I've noticed that the turrets also shoot at downed enemies. Makes capturing them rather difficult.

TheSpyPie

Hey love the mod, although I feel extremely stupid but I can't change my turrets to different ammo types and I can't find anyway to do so?

Kilroy232

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 25, 2016, 01:02:53 AM
I don't remember if the vanilla turrets do it as well, but I've noticed that the turrets also shoot at downed enemies. Makes capturing them rather difficult.

I don't mean to seem rude but I have played many hours with this mod and I can assure you that the turrets don't fire at downed enemies. Having said that if there are active enemies very close to downed enemies there is a chance that a stray bullet (or bullets) may hit the downed individual just like with any other weapon.

There is also the smallest chance that if you are running other mods that change the behavior of the turrets a problem could arise but otherwise I personally have never had this problem.

Kilroy232

Quote from: TheSpyPie on April 25, 2016, 07:15:35 AM
Hey love the mod, although I feel extremely stupid but I can't change my turrets to different ammo types and I can't find anyway to do so?

Currently there two turrets two have alternative ammo types are the long-range sniper turret and the energy turret and you can change them by researching the new ammo types. Once you have researched them they will become actively used by the respective turret.

TheSpyPie

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 25, 2016, 10:35:20 AM

Currently there two turrets two have alternative ammo types are the long-range sniper turret and the energy turret and you can change them by researching the new ammo types. Once you have researched them they will become actively used by the respective turret.

Um so yeah I have researched them and no change o.o

Kilroy232

Quote from: TheSpyPie on April 25, 2016, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 25, 2016, 10:35:20 AM

Um so yeah I have researched them and no change o.o

Well that's my mistake for assuming that would still work. I will look into that asap. I am sorry for the inconvenience