[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Goldsmyths on July 04, 2015, 10:21:58 AM
>>Smart Mine
This Changes Everything...

Still waiting for Overkill though :)
Also, is the laser turret really worth the 7500W energy need?

if you look closely, the enemy shot by laser turret are burning which makes them unable to attack. the laser turret can set many enemies on fire in very short time due to rapid firing rate so i think it worth it ;)

i will working on update later, it was quite a busy(and hot) week i need a break...

eatKenny

updated TC and TC:Over Kill to A11b with some small new things...

Vas

I'm guessing that it's intentional that you can only build these turrets by buying them from traders?  I don't like that.  Trader events are rather rare for me.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

kexici

I have some questions :)
can you edit pack only with spot light and stun turret :) (buidable - no traders) it will be awesome :D
thanks you very much :)

kexici

Quote from: Vas on July 09, 2015, 04:00:10 PM
I'm guessing that it's intentional that you can only build these turrets by buying them from traders?  I don't like that.  Trader events are rather rare for me.
i work on +mod (turret builder on SC core

) i hate traders too :)

eatKenny

eatKenny

Quote from: kexici on July 11, 2015, 08:22:31 AM
I have some questions :)
can you edit pack only with spot light and stun turret :) (buidable - no traders) it will be awesome :D
thanks you very much :)

open .xml with notepad yourself and you can edit whatever you want.  ;)

for your request:

1. open "RimWorld857Win\Mods\Turret Collection\Defs\ThingDefs\TCTurretStructure.xml" with notepad
2. delete everthing you don't want ( simply just delete line <defName>"ThingsYouDontWant"</defName> )
3. change the stun turret building cost here:   
    <costList>
     <StunGun_Crate>1</StunGun_Crate>
    </costList>
you can change it to:
    <costList>
     <Steel>150</Steel>
    </costList>
4. delete "RimWorld857Win\Mods\Turret Collection\Defs\TraderKindDefs" if you don't like traders

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: kexici on July 11, 2015, 11:17:38 AM

I actually like it since it adds hard choice. You'll have to save up and prioritise it over other tempting things to buy.

Another great thing is that this way this mod can live alongside the other great turret mod "More Vanilla Turrets", where the turrets are buildable. The different ways of aquiring the turrets, one through ressources and work  and the other through silver and trade, makes it worthwhile going for all the turret techs in both mods.

So my plea: Please keep these turrets tradable, for the good of the overall game with mods. Please do not ruin the perfect harmony between these 2 great turret mods.

eatKenny

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 13, 2015, 09:31:52 PM

I actually like it since it adds hard choice. You'll have to save up and prioritise it over other tempting things to buy.

Another great thing is that this way this mod can live alongside the other great turret mod "More Vanilla Turrets", where the turrets are buildable. The different ways of aquiring the turrets, one through ressources and work, and the other through gold and Money, makes it worthwhile going for all the turret techs in both mods.

So my plea: Please keep these turrets tradable, for the good of the overall game with mods. Please do not ruin the perfect harmony between these 2 great turret mods.

well said ;)

MaxPower1980

Please make the mines and the guns for turrets craftable

Vas

Quote from: eatKenny on July 14, 2015, 06:50:50 AM
Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 13, 2015, 09:31:52 PM
i hate traders too :)
well said ;)
As you can see above, others do want craftable turret parts and mines.  We don't want to wait for 3 game years till we have more than 5 turrets from this mod.  It's not even that great as it stands, almost useless.  The amount of times the trader brings the turrets around makes it so bad that I might as well uninstall the mod and find some other turret mod because I have 50 man raids after the first year and my ideal defenses don't really work that well.  I tried.  I managed to buy every minigun along the way and man them all and still got over run.

Here's an option you COULD do, make a mod where the weapon turrets are craftable including the mines, use the weapons crafting table that's already in the game.  Or maybe that's from a mod, I can't remember now.  :P  I think it's with the default game, lets me make Pilas and other useless stupid crap.  Make this mod require the base mod to run, so you don't need to keep two seperate mods updated, one is the turrets, one just makes the turret parts craftable.  Look at my signature, you'll see on my mod page, I have an addon for the ED Shields mod, this is just an addon to the ED Shield mod which doesn't really cause any compatibility issues at all.

I tried to do this for your mod, but I can't figure out how to make a recipe for each of your items to be craftable at the smithing table.  I just dunno how.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Vas

A thought on tactical nukes;
You can better explain how these work by adding a description that says that they are placed in geostationary orbit above your location, and once activated, they lock on to the target location.

Also, I think it'd be nice if they destroy overhead mountain as well around the blast location and even blast the area under overhead mountain too.  It might require a DLL to trigger this in a realistic way though.  I have yet to use them yet, didn't use the overkill pack yet.  I was thinking of making my own changes to all of the mod on my end only then posting the changes I made for you to later consider.

The realistic way would be that the nuke is placed in orbit, and you require going to your com console, or a control center to launch the nuclear strike.  Establishing communication with nukes that you own.

The other idea I had, was for making it so people don't build gun turrets out the wazoo, by making gun turrets require a link to a command console.  A wireless link may be easiest, a button on each turret that lets you toggle which command console it's connected to, and each command console built will display it's own network ID and maybe even let you set a friendly name to change the ID to something easy to notice "leftbase2" "rightbase1" "rightbase2", anyway.  The command console can only operate 4 turrets simultaniously, but you can link 8.  This means while the other 4 are 'reloading' the other 4 are able to fire.  So it alternates between them.  These command consoles, require a colonist at them during the operation of the turrets in order for the turrets to work.  While there is no colonist, all turrets are "idle" and unable to fire.

An AI Command Console can be built, to make turrets linked to it controlled by an AI chip, this allows 12 turrets to be linked to the command console and all controlled simultaneously.  This will take 14 AI cores to build.  One for each turret + 2 for observing the battlefield constantly and scanning all variables, sort of support AI for the gun AI.  A 14 core machine to control 12 guns.

If you've seen the shield mod, and how it recharges shields and then goes "idle" to reduce power usage, I think this would be good for the guns too.  Guns use higher power while reloading, then drop in power usage while idle.  If you are able to do this, I'd set maybe 4 states.  "Reloading (5x power)" "Firing (2.5x power)" "Targeting (2x power)" "Idling (1x power)" and maybe even "Offline (0.1x power)" for offlining turrets with the command console for even lower power usage (30 second onlining time).

You basically set the power for what you want it to use when Idle, and then the turrets increase power usage when in the other states.  Targeting is when the turret is locking on, as if aiming.  Firing doesn't take long of course, but make it last 3 seconds anyway, or you could combine targeting and firing, 2.5x power, and call it "Seeking & Destroying" but anyway.  When reloading, it uses 5x the power to fill it's capacitors (laser) or load the next round (others).  Towers such as the laser should have a battery capacitor so they can fire multiple shots in succession till the capacitor is empty.  Maybe even a solid beam that burns the enemy to the ground before it stops (or runs out of power).

Just some other thoughts I had and wanted to get out before I forget and all, all perfectly open for discussion.  :P

Iwillbenicetou

One, I'm pretty sure it would be hard to do, and 2, 14 AI cores?! Maybe 2 at most. Do you know how hard they are to get? and also, I really don't want turrets to be like that. Especially the vanilla ones, since they are sh*t. If the mod author wants to, he could make a harder version, since I really disagree.

But I do agree on the nuke and comms console. That would be nice. And definitely radiation, similar to the poisonous event thingy that injures colonists outside. Maybe even kills all plants. And things on the outside would be heavily damaged, so you would 2-3 layers of stone walls. Just some ideas. If you can't code this stuff, it's fine
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Vas

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on July 18, 2015, 10:11:24 PM
One, I'm pretty sure it would be hard to do, and 2, 14 AI cores?! Maybe 2 at most. Do you know how hard they are to get? and also, I really don't want turrets to be like that. Especially the vanilla ones, since they are sh*t. If the mod author wants to, he could make a harder version, since I really disagree.

But I do agree on the nuke and comms console.
Well, yes, it's gonna be hard to do.  Awesome things aren't always going to be easy.
and 14 cores isn't bad.  Considering some turrets even require their own personal AI core, if this were done, no turret would need an AI core at all and you could fire them manually by having a standard control console there, and station someone at it.  The AI console is so your defenses can be controlled without a person standing there.  All automated defenses.  You have a LARGE area to cover, you need each turret to be actively scanning the area.  Divide up the AI cores amongst them and they become less effective.

Basically, you can either do a normal console and not use ANY AI cores, or you can set up an AI control station and no longer need to manually control those turrets anymore.  Actually a good thing I was thinking about is making it upgradable, so you can link turrets to it and it can control as many as there are AI controls in it.  Just stick a hopper next to it and feed it an AI core to upgrade it to +1 more turret.  Something like that.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Vas on July 19, 2015, 08:43:21 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on July 18, 2015, 10:11:24 PM

But I do agree on the nuke and comms console.
Well, yes, it's gonna be hard to do.  Awesome things aren't always going to be easy.
and 14 cores isn't bad.  Considering some turrets even require their own personal AI core, if this were done, no turret would need an AI core at all and you could fire them manually by having a standard control console there, and station someone at it.  The AI console is so your defenses can be controlled without a person standing there.  All automated defenses.  You have a LARGE area to cover, you need each turret to be actively scanning the area.  Divide up the AI cores amongst them and they become less effective.

Basically, you can either do a normal console and not use ANY AI cores, or you can set up an AI control station and no longer need to manually control those turrets anymore.  Actually a good thing I was thinking about is making it upgradable, so you can link turrets to it and it can control as many as there are AI controls in it.  Just stick a hopper next to it and feed it an AI core to upgrade it to +1 more turret.  Something like that.
Yeah, I agree. Though we will see what the author thinks, as it may be hard to put all the item/blocks in. May be too confusing for him. Maybe really hard to code.

But I do agree with you on the last one, though I think there should be 2 cores just to build the first thing, so you have one ai core scouring the battlefield. Because AI cores are rly good, a lot better than modern day AI's.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!