[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Timber on November 01, 2014, 12:32:26 PM
A small suggestion:

Reduce the cooldown on the rocket turrets by like 15% and make it consume rockets (from a hopper) with each volley.

Didn't missiles get removed in A7?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

eatKenny

Quote from: skullywag on November 01, 2014, 12:10:42 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on October 31, 2014, 05:38:09 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on October 31, 2014, 05:32:01 AM
Who cares if it's anti-material or anti-materiel. I'll care if it's anti-matter, instead :D
you should check the "Railgun" from mod "More Weapons" made by Skullywag, it is actully an anti-matter rifle ;)

Technically anti-pawn ;) but its possible to make it pure anti matter.

"if you use this gun for hunting, you are going to have a bad time." :P

eatKenny

A small suggestion:

Reduce the cooldown on the rocket turrets by like 15% and make it consume rockets (from a hopper) with each volley.

i was actually thinking making the 2 long-range artillery to be operated with hopper, i will work on it see if its balanced.

eatKenny

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 01, 2014, 03:25:32 PM
A small suggestion:

Didn't missiles get removed in A7?

i can bring it back ;)

eatKenny

making hoppers for turrets seems need a lot of c# coding which i can't, so i have to leave it for now :-\

Jaxxa

Quote from: eatKenny on November 02, 2014, 12:30:49 PM
making hoppers for turrets seems need a lot of c# coding which i can't, so i have to leave it for now :-\
I have hoppers for turrets in my mod.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.0

You can just use my DLL if you want to, just reference where you got it from, that should allow you to do ammo using turrets without having to write any C# code.

Feel free to PM me if you have trouble.

eatKenny

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 02, 2014, 10:57:38 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on November 02, 2014, 12:30:49 PM
I have hoppers for turrets in my mod.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.0

You can just use my DLL if you want to, just reference where you got it from, that should allow you to do ammo using turrets without having to write any C# code.

Feel free to PM me if you have trouble.

wow a good guy appears from nowhere, thanks mate i'll check it out ;)

eatKenny

just added the Ammo Hopper, please read the changelog. many thanks to Jaxxa ;)

got a busy week coming, so the mod may remain untouched for some days. bug reports(if any) and suggestions are however still welcome.

Riph

Hi there, just tried out your mod, I really like it!  The new turrets are pretty awesome, and keeping them manned means you can't go nuts with thousands of them (cough improvised turrets)

I'm having a problem though, when the mod is installed, any fire on the map has trouble animating (it seems to be missing several frames of animation) and my system performance starts to degrade rapidly. (More fire, even more slow.)  Putting out the fire restores full performance.

Here's what my log says:

Exception drawing Fire7445243: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at Verse.Graphic_Flicker.DrawWorker (Vector3 loc, IntRot rot, Verse.ThingDef thingDef, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Graphic.Draw (Vector3 loc, IntRot rot, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I wasn't sure if it was your mod at first, so I deactivated it and started some fire -- no performance loss.  This is also the only mod I have installed.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Iwillbenicetou

I know this isn't exactly true to the turret stuff, but what about a 3x3 or 4x4 mega artillery. Manned (if possible 2 or 3), but deals a ton of damage, big explosion radius, but as accurate as a motar. Really expensive, costs shells, but fun to use. ;D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

noahdaorkyboy

is there a way to make it to where the turrets dont use ammo? if not i understand its ok butits just a nuicense buying missiles and shells all the time.

eatKenny

Quote from: Riph on November 06, 2014, 07:39:54 PM
Hi there, just tried out your mod, I really like it!  The new turrets are pretty awesome, and keeping them manned means you can't go nuts with thousands of them (cough improvised turrets)

I'm having a problem though, when the mod is installed, any fire on the map has trouble animating (it seems to be missing several frames of animation) and my system performance starts to degrade rapidly. (More fire, even more slow.)  Putting out the fire restores full performance.

Here's what my log says:

Exception drawing Fire7445243: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at Verse.Graphic_Flicker.DrawWorker (Vector3 loc, IntRot rot, Verse.ThingDef thingDef, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Graphic.Draw (Vector3 loc, IntRot rot, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I wasn't sure if it was your mod at first, so I deactivated it and started some fire -- no performance loss.  This is also the only mod I have installed.  Is anyone else having this issue?

i just did a quick test but everthing seems ok, currently i have little time but i will test it more carefully in this weekend.

eatKenny

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 06, 2014, 07:47:04 PM
I know this isn't exactly true to the turret stuff, but what about a 3x3 or 4x4 mega artillery. Manned (if possible 2 or 3), but deals a ton of damage, big explosion radius, but as accurate as a motar. Really expensive, costs shells, but fun to use. ;D
i knew there is someone always wishing for a bigger gun ;), but i think it's more like a "i win" button which i try to avoid in this mod. but who knows, i might try it when i have more time ;)

eatKenny

Quote from: noahdaorkyboy on November 07, 2014, 12:37:19 AM
is there a way to make it to where the turrets dont use ammo? if not i understand its ok butits just a nuicense buying missiles and shells all the time.
you can download the earlier v1.3b, nothing diffrent apart from not using ammo(but you need them when you build the turrets)

Riph

Quote from: eatKenny on November 07, 2014, 04:52:49 AM

i just did a quick test but everthing seems ok, currently i have little time but i will test it more carefully in this weekend.

I just made a new colony to test and started some fires.  Everything works fine.

Loading my old save still has bugged fires though.  Strange!