[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: TrashMan on December 20, 2014, 07:24:04 AM
Nice. Just one gripe. GAU-8 Avenger doesn't look like the real thing.

One, I like the meme, and totally agree with you.
Two, can I put this in an already existing game? I really don't want to spend 20 minutes perfecting on Prepare Carefully. 8)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Zilch

Want a continuous laser. Make it like 4x as energy hungry though.

eatKenny

Quote from: Zilch on January 09, 2015, 06:04:22 AM

sorry that need some hard core c# writing which i can't :-\

MisterLock

Hey EatKenny,I've been playing with this mod for sometime now,but I find myself just using guerrila tactics against the raider,Now I know this isn't supossed to replace colonists in battle,but don't you think some of the prices are a little high?I mean 2000 metal for 1 single turret is darn expensive,especially since some maps can't even generate that much ore(not enough mountains)and you have to rely on trade which is a slow and tedious process not counting it's randomness,also with the addition of the new tundra(and the ice sheet mod) there is the winter factor involved.You can only send a colonist on a job for so long until he starts having heat stroke/freeze to death,needing you to pull him back to your colony and delaying the mining of the ore and in such consequence the turret.Also plain and simple you could just use that 1000 metal for something else.

My god,why do my comments always end in a rant :).
To each his own.

eatKenny

Quote from: MisterLock on January 09, 2015, 01:33:17 PM
Hey EatKenny,I've been playing with this mod for sometime now,but I find myself just using guerrila tactics against the raider,Now I know this isn't supossed to replace colonists in battle,but don't you think some of the prices are a little high?I mean 2000 metal for 1 single turret is darn expensive,especially since some maps can't even generate that much ore(not enough mountains)and you have to rely on trade which is a slow and tedious process not counting it's randomness,also with the addition of the new tundra(and the ice sheet mod) there is the winter factor involved.You can only send a colonist on a job for so long until he starts having heat stroke/freeze to death,needing you to pull him back to your colony and delaying the mining of the ore and in such consequence the turret.Also plain and simple you could just use that 1000 metal for something else.

My god,why do my comments always end in a rant :).

that's some very useful suggestions, as i said i don't really have time to play this mod through out a game so suggestions like this are very helpful.

i'm currently working on the "ammo crafting" add-on for this mod, and more balances will come at next update.

PS: for your steel shortage, you can check my other mod "Industrialisation" if you like.

Zilch

I actually think the cost for turrets is pretty damn good, a Howitzer is a very very big gun lol.

Wouldn't mind some method of getting more AI cores though.
Don't see why one AI core cant just program another.

MisterLock

Quote from: Zilch on January 09, 2015, 10:40:18 PM
I actually think the cost for turrets is pretty damn good, a Howitzer is a very very big gun lol.

Are you nuts?We are not talking RL proportions here,Did you even read some of the finer points of my post?You got to count in the wheather mechanics,plus things in rimworld are not really up to scale with the real world,for example guns only have a range of around 30,snipers 40,Assuming these numbers are actually meters it's not that accurate,you can if you are professional enough use one for sniping for more then 50 yards,also I'm pretty sure you can't build a wall out of 6 pieces of wood...ah you get my point,things are not up to scale,so there's no reason for these turrets to cost this much,and if you add all my other factors,like weather and trade,then...
To each his own.

dareddevil7

Maybe I just haven't read through the 10 pages of stuff, but does the nuclear fallout actually do anything? Like give your colonists verying types of cancer?

eatKenny

Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 10, 2015, 01:05:15 PM
Maybe I just haven't read through the 10 pages of stuff, but does the nuclear fallout actually do anything? Like give your colonists verying types of cancer?

oh no it dosent do anything, just nice to look at ;D (or maybe give a -5 mood during fallout? what you guys think?)

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on January 10, 2015, 01:20:58 PM

oh no it dosent do anything, just nice to look at ;D (or maybe give a -5 mood during fallout? what you guys think?)

How about if a "living" thing is out in the open during fallout, they get a whole body effect of radiation poisoning, which will slowly cripple all your systems until their organ fail and they die, and then maybe much further down the line a radiation suit, but only if the nukes become somewhat manufacturable, or an event where a nuclear strike will hit the map on account of mechcanoids and their resistance to direct nuclear strikes, damn those machines

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on January 09, 2015, 11:54:57 AM
Quote from: Zilch on January 09, 2015, 06:04:22 AM

sorry that need some hard core c# writing which i can't :-\

Couldn't you get about the same effect by having the laser fire extremely rapidly?

dareddevil7

I say these things while having no idea how to code mods for rimworld

Zilch

Quote from: MisterLock on January 10, 2015, 12:59:22 PM
Did you even read some of the finer points of my post?

If you're worried about scale then don't you think the turrets from this mod outshine the basic turrets too much?
If the turrets were cheaper it would ruin the balancing terribly.
I have 4 Howitzers and 10+ laser canons on my main map, if they were cheaper there would be absolutely 0 risk from any attack lol.
https://imgur.com/a/ZiIoK#0

eatKenny

Quote from: Zilch on January 10, 2015, 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: MisterLock on January 10, 2015, 12:59:22 PM
Did you even read some of the finer points of my post?

If you're worried about scale then don't you think the turrets from this mod outshine the basic turrets too much?
If the turrets were cheaper it would ruin the balancing terribly.
I have 4 Howitzers and 10+ laser canons on my main map, if they were cheaper there would be absolutely 0 risk from any attack lol.
https://imgur.com/a/ZiIoK#0

holy shit 60x centipede :o

eatKenny

Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 10, 2015, 01:34:27 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on January 10, 2015, 01:20:58 PM

How about if a "living" thing is out in the open during fallout, they get a whole body effect of radiation poisoning, which will slowly cripple all your systems until their organ fail and they die, and then maybe much further down the line a radiation suit, but only if the nukes become somewhat manufacturable, or an event where a nuclear strike will hit the map on account of mechcanoids and their resistance to direct nuclear strikes, damn those machines

i like the idea, but for now it's too hard for me to write the codes, maybe i will try it when i have more time.