[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

Quote from: Marnador on January 28, 2015, 09:27:01 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 28, 2015, 04:09:28 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 27, 2015, 10:31:47 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 27, 2015, 06:36:40 PM
Idea! An AA turret, could shoot down drop pods, wouldn't get anything out of it, but you could stop mechs from dropping in the center of your base
Budabudabudabudabudabudabudabuda *crashing sound/explosion*
Maybe have a tiny bit of metal come out of it? Like item crashed pod, which can be grinded into steel.
yeah, or it drops slag, and in terms of sound i think more of a *braka braka* for an AA gun
That feature already exists in another mod but its always good to have option I guess :)
I know it does but he has a lot of turrets here already and its hard to think of what would be worth making a turret of

eatKenny

thanks for the idea guys, but it's seems hard to code (i'm not a programmer), i'll try it if i have enough time.

and in my mind it should be more like CIWS rather than 88mm Flak(we are not shooting a B-17 bomber squadron are we?)

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: eatKenny on January 29, 2015, 03:57:54 PM
thanks for the idea guys, but it's seems hard to code (i'm not a programmer), i'll try it if i have enough time.

and in my mind it should be more like CIWS rather than 88mm Flak(we are not shooting a B-17 bomber squadron are we?)

But the 88 could provide direct fire in case raiders rush you with T-34's :P
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

dareddevil7

can you explain how a centipede can tank a full volley of 30mm rounds?

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

eatKenny

Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 29, 2015, 09:27:06 PM

first not all of them will hit(a yellow "Hit" will appear when direct hit). second it's for balance, i'm not trying to make this mod too realistic that you lost balnace/fun in game.

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on January 30, 2015, 06:10:17 AM

first not all of them will hit(a yellow "Hit" will appear when direct hit). second it's for balance, i'm not trying to make this mod too realistic that you lost balnace/fun in game.
personally for me the centipedes make the game less fun because i mostly get them dropping right in the middle of my base, they take so much gunfire to subdue, two thirds of their weapons cannot be used by colonists legitly, and two words, Inferno. Cannon.

i want the centipedes to be turned into swiss cheese, not barely flinch and then go forwards to destroy the turret that took more than half my resources, what i'm trying to say is centipedes can go suck it. also, what is the fire rate of the GAU-8 irl?

eatKenny

Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 30, 2015, 03:37:48 PM

personally for me the centipedes make the game less fun because i mostly get them dropping right in the middle of my base, they take so much gunfire to subdue, two thirds of their weapons cannot be used by colonists legitly, and two words, Inferno. Cannon.

i want the centipedes to be turned into swiss cheese, not barely flinch and then go forwards to destroy the turret that took more than half my resources, what i'm trying to say is centipedes can go suck it. also, what is the fire rate of the GAU-8 irl?

a stuned centipede is a good centipede. you should use emp grenades more often against mechanoids.

GAU-8 fires up to 4200 rpm, that is 70 rounds per second. real monster.

123nick

Can you make a version of the mod, sorta like an "easy mode" where the turrets dont need ai persona cores or shells or ammo in the construction. basicly the same thing except the removal of the need of ai persona cores or ammo-like resources in the construction of the turrets, because i think that the need for ammo in turrets and AI cores for automatic turrets seem a little bit too different from the standard improvised turret and most modded turrets. also, in this version can you change the laser turret to not have the 400 beauty bonus? if the gold is only for radiators, then surely they arent used to beautify the environment? thanks in advance, and i know im asking a lot and its ok if you dont get around to doing it.

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on January 30, 2015, 03:52:48 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 30, 2015, 03:37:48 PM

a stuned centipede is a good centipede. you should use emp grenades more often against mechanoids.

GAU-8 fires up to 4200 rpm, that is 70 rounds per second. real monster.
the M61A2 Vulcan fire 20mm at a rate of 6,600 a minute, and it's 46 pounds lighter than the M61A1 Vulcan which fires 6,000 rounds per minute. General Electric, you guys rock

eatKenny

Quote from: 123nick on January 30, 2015, 04:46:58 PM
Can you make a version of the mod, sorta like an "easy mode" where the turrets dont need ai persona cores or shells or ammo in the construction. basicly the same thing except the removal of the need of ai persona cores or ammo-like resources in the construction of the turrets, because i think that the need for ammo in turrets and AI cores for automatic turrets seem a little bit too different from the standard improvised turret and most modded turrets. also, in this version can you change the laser turret to not have the 400 beauty bonus? if the gold is only for radiators, then surely they arent used to beautify the environment? thanks in advance, and i know im asking a lot and its ok if you dont get around to doing it.

that's very, very easy to do, you can do it your self:

- go to Mods/Turret Collection/Defs/ThingDefs
- open the **structure.xml (** = the turret name you want to change)
- find <AIPersonaCore>1</AIPersonaCore> under <costList> and delete it.

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on January 31, 2015, 03:30:38 AM
Quote from: 123nick on January 30, 2015, 04:46:58 PM

that's very, very easy to do, you can do it your self:

- go to Mods/Turret Collection/Defs/ThingDefs
- open the **structure.xml (** = the turret name you want to change)
- find <AIPersonaCore>1</AIPersonaCore> under <costList> and delete it.
What program would you use to do this?

eatKenny

you can open it with windows "Notepad"

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on January 31, 2015, 01:14:24 PM

you can open it with windows "Notepad"
thanks, i never know with this kind of stuff

dareddevil7

I would really love to use the howitzer like a mortar, because if I'm not mistaken, a howitzer is artillery.