Goddamn robots....

Started by Smasher5523, October 18, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smasher5523

I got a story, i had a 28 man colony, all of them had R4 charge rifles except 1, who has a pistol as i couldnt find another R4 charge rifle.. So i got this Op colony, then Oh look what i found.. A crashed ship part right on top of my goddamn base! At the time it was one of my first ever crashed ship parts so i shot it to see what happens, then 2 big ass centipedes stroll on out and shoot me with the t500 incendiary launchers and miniguns. I get all my other colonists in but the centipede, bieng an OP thingy shoots em all.. 1 hit! After this i just blow up my base which still does nothing to the centipedes bit destroys my base.. By now i got maybe 4 or 5 colonists left bieng shot at by big worms made of metal and silver.. Then the damn box pops up saying Everyone has died or the story has ended, which i just say "Whoa professor!!! Really? i did not realise" then i ragequit and a week later i post this on the forums... DAMN YOU ROBOT WORMS!!!  :'(

EarthyTurtle

Yes my minions, go forth and annihilate :D.

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

KR4K40

Best strategy to deal with centipedes is to post snipers (M-24) behind hard cover (1x1 stone walls with sandbags in front work wonders) and micromanage your DPS guys (M-16/LMG/Uzis) so the enemy keeps aggro on them.
As Lao-Tseu said, watch the backblast you idiot!

Wex

Also, use your most expendable colonist, give him/her the electronic stunning grenades (I can't remember the correct name) and bomb them. If you succede it's an easy time blowing them up.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Iwillbenicetou

EMP grenades :P or use one of them and run in with a suicide bomb!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

litlbear

2 centipedes took you down? i can fend off around 10.
yes

keylocke

yea lol. when i voted for rimworld at indiedb (for indie of the year), there was this dude that commented about wanting to remove/nerf the "mechoids" and i was like.. lolwut?

it sounded like a casual complaining about encountering strong enemies in a hardcore game.. 
but that's what phoebe + lowering the difficulty is for in the starting menu, if a player can't handle such difficulties.  ::)

besides, i think this applies to every hardcore game ever created : DF's concept of fun..
(this strip has become one of my fave comic strip of all time.. evah!)

just know your limits up to what you think is "fun".

if fun for you = casual, then lower the difficulty settings and play again.. it's not a big deal.  everyone has their own limits.. ;D

but like everyone else said, 2 centipedes is far too easy. (especially for a 28 man colony equipped with R4.. lol.)