[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deniecu

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just retarded, but where do I actually download this mod? o.o

iame6162013

Quote from: Deniecu on November 30, 2014, 08:11:46 AM
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just retarded, but where do I actually download this mod? o.o
it's on the very bottom of the page, it's the attachment.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

florant

you need to be registered on the forum to see the links .

palandus

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I load up Rimworld, I get a whole list of errors related to just this mod. I read somewhere that part of it is because I don't have Brain Surgery or that Apothecarius mod active. However, I'm also getting a host of other errors such as:

InstallAIChip
InstallAICore

etc... (if you want the full list I can go grab it)

I have the nurse mod, and the mod order mod, and made sure nurse is being loaded first, then this mod (unless that is the wrong order).

So, what happens is I can build say, the AI Chip with Plasmsteel and Gold at the Bench, but then I cannot install it. I've restarted the game several times, and created new worlds, and I still cannot do it. It is very frustrating not knowing what the problem is.

Can someone help?

EDIT: I'll add that I do have at least 2 colonists with 15+ in Medicine Skill, an Available Hospital Bed, and over 50+ Medicine Items in storage, so I doubt its due to a lack of resources or capable colonists.

harpo99999

the red install lines in the log are merely reports that those parts of the mod ARE being installed, but if after starting the game and setting up the prosthetics production and producing the prosthetics you click on a colonistn then their helth tab the operations tab and operate button and do NOT get a choice of operations, you have a problem with the mod install sequence, or even mod loading, and I have not succeded in solving why this happens

Fifty Foot Ant

Quote from: harpo99999 on December 06, 2014, 03:49:50 AM
the red install lines in the log are merely reports that those parts of the mod ARE being installed, but if after starting the game and setting up the prosthetics production and producing the prosthetics you click on a colonistn then their helth tab the operations tab and operate button and do NOT get a choice of operations, you have a problem with the mod install sequence, or even mod loading, and I have not succeded in solving why this happens

Go back to main menu, turn Recipe Nurse off, close mods, open it and turn Recipe Nurse on again, quit to OS, open the game again, the game works now :), it's just Recipe Nurse not loading at the right time.
A size-15 boot has landed, the following things were crushed:

- Comms console
- Fifty Foot Ant, Settler
- Wolf, Hunter

palandus

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get it to finally work. I am now most pleased.

However, now having used it for a bit, I'm going to suggest some more bionics for whenever is the next release of the mod.

1) Bionic Spine = Used to repair Bad Back / Torso
2) Bionic Organs (Heart, Lungs, Kidneys, Stomach, Liver) = Used to replace existing organs with superior bionic ones.
3) Bionic Hand / Foot = Used to just replace the Hand or Foot; Cheaper to build than Arm or Leg, but only fixes the foot or hand.
4) Bionic Nose = Improves your ability to smell, making fine/lavish meals provide higher positive thoughts, but makes simple or nutrient paste foods provide a lower negative thoughts.
5) Bionic Spare Parts = Allows you to repair damaged existing Bionics with these Spare Parts; cheaper to use spare parts to make Bionic Repairs than having to build a brand new Bionic to replace a damaged one.
6) Partially Bionic Limbs = Allows you to create a partially bionic / partially organic arm. Ex. A Partially Bionic Arm would require some bionic components and a vat grown arm, making vat growing useful for even bionics.
7) Shoulder-Mounted Weapons = If you can figure out how to make it so that one can have both a bionic arm and bionic should, consider also having a bionic shoulder with a weapon mounted on it.
8) Bionic Power Legs = These are like normal bionic legs, but also heavily increase movement speed, and/or when carrying people or objects are not slowed down by its weight.
9) Bionic Ribcage = Heavily protects Heart, Lungs and Torso from Damage
10) Bionic Skull = Heavily protects Jaw, Brain, and Eyes from Damage
11) Bionic Plating = This adds onto existing Bionics, making them more resistant to damage and/or just increases their health so they can take more hits.
12) Self-Repair Node = This automatically repairs any damage bionic parts slowly over time. It also heals non-bionic parts faster than bionic parts, reducing bed rest time and chance for the colonist to lose their body part. A completely destroyed bionic or limb, no longer self heals/repairs.
13) Bionic Torso = A full torso replacement to fix any and all torso related problems (excludes or includes organs; modders preference)

Also, if possible a scroll option so that you can scroll up or down the implant list. If you have too many available bionic or body parts, it can be problematic to select the implant you want to use.

As far as other Surgeries: (A negative debuff for using these is "constant pain", which would make sense considering that anyone who get these surgeries in real life suffer from some kind of pain)
1) Spinal Disc Replacement = Cheaper than a Bionic Spine, and doesn't provide the Bionic Debuff to Prostophiles (or w/e its called) but provides no buffs either.
2) Torso Surgery = Cheaper than a Bionic Torso, and doesn't provide Bionic Debuff, but provides no buffs either.
3) Laser Eye Surgery = Cheaper than Bionic Eyes, and restores eyes to normal use, without wounds or cataracts, but provides no buffs
4) Hearing Aids = Cheaper than Bionic Ears, and restores ears to normal use, but provides no buffs
5) Kneecap Replacement = Cheaper than Bionic Legs, and restores knees to normal use, but provides no buffs (that is if Kneecaps can be blown off of course)
6) Bone Replacement = Cheaper than Bionic Arms or Bionic Legs, and restores a damaged arm or leg back to normal use, but provides no buffs (think of it as replacing a bone with a metal tube or bar)
7) Organ Transplant = Use cells from a healthy donor and transplant into a malfunctioning organ. Cheaper that using bionic organs or growing new organs.

Raufgar

Quote from: palandus on December 07, 2014, 06:45:17 PM

<snip>

2) Bionic Organs (Heart, Lungs, Kidneys, Stomach, Liver) = Used to replace existing organs with superior bionic ones.
3) Bionic Hand / Foot = Used to just replace the Hand or Foot; Cheaper to build than Arm or Leg, but only fixes the foot or hand.

2) Bionic Organs (Heart, Lungs, Kidneys, Stomach, Liver) are already in the mod, they just aren't called a "bionic <part>" :) They are referred to as "Synthetic" or "Artificial".

3) There is a part for "da foot" : (taken from the OP : Motorized Treads as a leg attachment. Couldn't make it a single object sadly. 180% speed, 80% talking and hearing). Whereas the Power Claw is the bionic equivalent for a hand. It is a part in the core game.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

palandus

Doesn't the Power Claw replace the entire arm though? I ask because when you have a Power Claw equipped, can you also install a Bionic Arm?

Raufgar

Quote from: palandus on December 08, 2014, 02:36:25 AM
Doesn't the Power Claw replace the entire arm though? I ask because when you have a Power Claw equipped, can you also install a Bionic Arm?

If I recall correctly, that was a valid issue, and it does indeed prevent the installation of bionic arm, so what Minus did was to add in the "Power Arm" part, that combines the bonuses from both the Power Claw and the Bionic Arm. And takes up both slots. So 1 mod to replace 2 body parts.

Shadu_Murasaki

If there is a download link for this mod, either I'm overlooking it, it doesn't work or it's not there. Please fix and let me know thanks :D

harpo99999

Quote from: Shadu_Murasaki on December 08, 2014, 03:37:20 AM
If there is a download link for this mod, either I'm overlooking it, it doesn't work or it's not there. Please fix and let me know thanks :D
the official download is an attachment at the BOTTOM of the original post(need to be logged in to the forum to see the attachments), and in post 168 on page 12 is a couple of duplicate links

MysticA3ther

I have that bug where you cannot open the operations tab, I have made sure recipe nurse is loading right (I checked without it loading right and I couldn't perform any operations with parts from the mod, as expected) I tried isolating any conflicting mods, but even with only this mod, recipe nurse and the core game activated, the bug remains.

I saw that others were having this problem, and I tried all the solutions that worked for other people, but they just didn't do anything. I even tried wiping Rimworld from my computer and manually re installing all mods individually. On the recipe nurse website, we are assured that the problem is due to any conflicts with other mods. Please help :( (To be honest, I can use older versions of this mod, but they don't have AI Chips implemented yet, And I really want to have a way of healing my colonists with brain damage. If no solution is found, could someone tell me of a mod that does that on it's own?)

palandus

The mod Immersive Body does similar things, but not all things that this mod does. I believe in Immersive Body, instead of installing an AI Chip, you can install an AI Core instead. However, I'm not sure if all the Bionic upgrades are available that are available in this mod.

I myself end up using both, simply because Immersive Body includes "wearable" implants that heavily defend that body part from harm... even though said parts are a bit pricy to manufacture, they can be a lifesaver in many situations. But what Immersive Body lacks that this mod offers is Bionic Organs and Growing your own Organs. The Immersive Body has similar organ slots, but they do not do exactly what this mod does; also those similar organ slot items lack descriptions, so its hard to fully tell what they do. ie Items like the Healer or Neutralizer.

Raufgar

Quote from: MysticA3ther on December 08, 2014, 06:50:50 PM
I have that bug where you cannot open the operations tab, I have made sure recipe nurse is loading right (I checked without it loading right and I couldn't perform any operations with parts from the mod, as expected) I tried isolating any conflicting mods, but even with only this mod, recipe nurse and the core game activated, the bug remains.

I saw that others were having this problem, and I tried all the solutions that worked for other people, but they just didn't do anything. I even tried wiping Rimworld from my computer and manually re installing all mods individually. On the recipe nurse website, we are assured that the problem is due to any conflicts with other mods. Please help :( (To be honest, I can use older versions of this mod, but they don't have AI Chips implemented yet, And I really want to have a way of healing my colonists with brain damage. If no solution is found, could someone tell me of a mod that does that on it's own?)

I used to encounter this issue, I find that you will need to check the following :

1) Is the ESaB you are using the very latest version (V1.5B)? If it isn't, delete the mod's folder and unpack the latest version again.

2) Are you trying to get the latest ESaB to work on a previous save? I would highly recommend you start a new colony, or better yet, generate a new world with the latest ESaB (and other mods you can't do without) enabled in the Mods section. If you have been using previous versions of ESaB, you need to create a new world.

3) If you are still encountering the error, try saving your game, go back to the Main Menu, open the Mods folder, then close it again. Then load your save game. This reloads the mods into memory and usually fixes things if you are hesitant on starting all over again. You will need to do this every time you open that save game though...

Hope this helps.