always poor quality doctor results ?

Started by mrspoon, October 26, 2014, 11:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrspoon

I have a colonist with medical 10 and never get anything but a 0% chance of good quality message after tteatment.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Andy

Timber

Quote from: mrspoon on October 26, 2014, 11:28:21 AM
I have a colonist with medical 10 and never get anything but a 0% chance of good quality message after tteatment.
Anyone got any ideas ?
Andy

Doesn't sound right. Try building a medical bed - maybe that will help, though I think they just improve the chances of a successful heal rather than the actual quality. Also disable doctoring for all other colonists, maybe it's someone else without the proper skill sneaking in his assistance.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Wex

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Summoned

Things that affect treatment quality (from what I've seen):

Medical bed
Using medicine
Doctor's skill
Doctor's stats (consciousness/sight/manipulation?)

After installing the more bionic parts mod I've been able to get doctors that give 30%+ good quality on prison beds without medicine, mostly because they have such high stats.

I'm thinking your doctor may be having trouble because of their stats. For example, they may have cataracts or missing a hand or something.

Timber

Quote from: Wex on October 26, 2014, 11:39:25 AM
Use medicine.
Can you actually treat without medicine? Never occurred to me..
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Wex

Quote from: Timber on October 26, 2014, 12:59:49 PM
Quote from: Wex on October 26, 2014, 11:39:25 AM
Use medicine.
Can you actually treat without medicine? Never occurred to me..
You have to forbid medicine, and try to heal one of your colonist (that's what I do when they have minor injuries). It's standard on prisoners.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

mrspoon

Quote from: Summoned on October 26, 2014, 12:23:01 PM
Ah ah.....I think you nailed it Summoned.
Both eyes cataracts, right arm-old gunshot wound
Sight: very poor, Manipulation: weakened, Consciousness: ok.

Cimanyd

Quote from: mrspoon on October 26, 2014, 02:45:53 PM
Give the doctor bionic eyes! (Or use someone else as a doctor, but that's more boring.)

You can click on the "i" on a selected colonist to see some stats, click on one of them to see what exactly is affecting the stat. Sight affects about everything, but especially doctor stuff (base healing quality, healing speed, medical operation speed) and combat (melee hit chance, shooting accuracy).

Just one bionic eye will bring someone with cataracts up to 85% sight, which isn't too bad.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Mystic

Hehehe!  Thinking of this made me laugh:

(Colonist #1): I've been shot!
(Colonist #2): Get yourself over to the infirmary.  I'm sure old Dr. Shakyhands will be there soon.  Be patient, as it sometimes takes him a while to get there, with the cataracts and trouble opening doors and all.
(Colonist #1): ... Dr. Shakyhands?  Oh, I'm sure this doesn't require that much treatment.  Why don't you just come along with me to put a bandaid on it?
(Colonist #2): Sorry, I've got to strip and bury all of these pirates.  Get along now - Dr.  Shakyhands will be happy to help you out.
(Colonist #1): .. umm ... oh, look, the gunshot healed by itself!
(Colonist #2): No it hasn't.  You're bleeding everywhere.
(Colonist #1): Uh, no, that's just pirates' blood!  See, I can lift *winces* these bodies just fine!  *winces again*  No need to bother the doctor ...

EarthyTurtle

Quote from: Cimanyd on October 26, 2014, 03:22:28 PM
Give the doctor bionic eyes! (Or use someone else as a doctor, but that's more boring.)

You can click on the "i" on a selected colonist to see some stats, click on one of them to see what exactly is affecting the stat. Sight affects about everything, but especially doctor stuff (base healing quality, healing speed, medical operation speed) and combat (melee hit chance, shooting accuracy).

Just one bionic eye will bring someone with cataracts up to 85% sight, which isn't too bad.

Can confirm, I started with a doctor who had cataracts in both eyes and had the same thing. 0% chance of good quality he was hopeless despite being a level 12 doctor. Replaced both his eyes with bionics and he was suddenly getting roughly 50% chance of good quality. Bionic arms made it 70% chance.

Tynan

I'm delighted that the medical stats are making a difference!

Though sad that it wasn't more apparent. Maybe I need to point people at the info card (the little 'i' button) a bit more.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

Personally the icon is a little on the small side. Maybe make it an actual button labelled info. I mean i like how the button looks now but if people arent using it....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?