[A12] The Romance Mod v0.8 by Lord Fappington [Updated August 2015]

Started by Lord Fappington, October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmark8910

I sure hope this isn't dead; this mod will be PERFECT with A13!!!

Kolljak

Never was a real fan of this mod do to it having bad files in it when it first came out.... but as for its continuation since lord fappington hasnt been on since october 2015 im asuming its discontinued unless anyone can get permission to take it over.... i just think its a odd mod that doesnt belong in rimworld. if yah gotta fap theirs better places to do it then a game mod.

Dragoon

Quote from: Kolljak on April 10, 2016, 10:57:19 PM
Never was a real fan of this mod do to it having bad files in it when it first came out.... but as for its continuation since lord fappington hasnt been on since october 2015 im asuming its discontinued unless anyone can get permission to take it over.... i just think its a odd mod that doesnt belong in rimworld. if yah gotta fap theirs better places to do it then a game mod.

Ouch seems a bit harsh. Also this is not for "fapping" (can't tell if you're making a joke) The mod allowed you're pawns to do some "lovin" though you had to tell them to do it. I would not say it doesn't belong in rimworld (which is rude, as that could be also be said about anything that is modded in). Quite frankly if they updated I think it would be interesting to see how the traits like well endowed or harsh lover, or Voyeurism (I'm can't remember the exact names) are handled due to the new relationships that are in alpha 13.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Yonan

This looks like a logical extension to the relationship system, would be a shame to not have it implemented, but MIA dev doesn't bode well.  Ahh well.

Coenmcj

Lord Fappington has had extended leaves of absence before, stay optimistic guys. :)

Hell, Minami26 came back, I'm sure the good Lord can't stay away for long. ;)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Kolljak

Im just saying all it seems to do is add sex sounds... since "Make lovin" is already in vanilla.

Dragoon

Quote from: Kolljak on April 12, 2016, 10:41:52 AM
Im just saying all it seems to do is add sex sounds... since "Make lovin" is already in vanilla.

That is because the NEW alpha has "lovin" the previous versions did not. This mod allowed the previous alpha's pawns to "make lovin". You know, back when people were all like this is rim world not sim world because you know the game is automatically the sims if you have your pawns actually think about each other and not only thinking about the people they have killed and or butchered.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

spatula

Would be cool to see this mod evolve to expand the current relationship system... add things like:
- one night stands with visiting guests
- stages of dating (casual, rimflix and chill, getting serious, serious, hopeless) that just present more humour/depth
- affairs events, love triangles, polygamy, levels of kinkiness, orientations that all create more unique relationship cocktails
- long lost ex-lover events where an ex suddenly appears to extract revenge, or a chemical release in the air causing a phermonal increase in lust and fertility for all exposed... or maybe a colonist matures/works out and suddenly blossoms into a beauty...
- joy objects of a more, ahem, adult nature (but also normal swings would be neat), heart shaped beds and such (and weapons a la saints row IV)

I think there's still good reasons to have a mod to expand this side of the game - it would be neat to see some more variables and traits that affect how the characters perceive each other... and perhaps ways to influence this - like giving the user tools to develop counter-traits (ie. as a side-effect of gaining "acceptance of others" trait the "marriage counseling workbench", Joe and Susie not only improved their own fractured relationship, but also learned to stop harassing Stomp for his bizarre orientation towards boomalopes/tribals-if-the-former-was-too-dark).  Would definitely make for more interesting stories!

Kolljak

I can agree with that... have a mod to expand on the relationship system not just lovin but other stuff such as cheating and jealousy... and more thing.

Arigas

Quote from: Kolljak on April 13, 2016, 07:14:39 PM
cheating
I know for a fact that affairs happen. Two of my starting slaves were married, the one had an affair and eventually married the third. Talk about an awkward situation!

raduro

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: raduro on August 22, 2016, 08:48:32 AM
Where is the llink for version 12 ?

It was attached to the post, and consequently removed due to age... This mod is dead