Improved Trade System

Started by zenithar47, November 06, 2013, 07:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenithar47

As of this moment, when playing through the game for about 4 cycles, I noticed that all of the trading ships (slave trader and military supplier) had the exact same prices for everything. I would like to be able to set up a more long-term focused colony, and trading sort of is at the center of that (for me, at least). For anyone who wants to make suggestions toward this, feel free to do so.

A simple suggestion is to diversify the ships that visit a little bit (like adding a resource-focused ship, for example a deep space miner, which already fits into the lore).

If anyone has suggestions towards a trading or monetary system, post them here.

Mozleron

I think the trade system "works" considering it's alpha state.

That being said, here's what i think would improve it:
-When your colonist goes to the console and contacts a ship, there should be a way to switch between comms channels with a back button or perhaps a drop down at the top of the window that lets you choose between all ships currently in orbit.
-Allow for negotiating trade agreements where they ask you for a specific number of a given resource for a predetermined amount of money/other resource.  The contract could stipulate a time frame to produce the desired quantity in (emergency wartime resource request, for example), or it could be an ongoing long term deal (keeping up a steady supply for a far-flung colony similar to your own).
-As mentioned in the OP, diversify the prices a little.

I'm sure there's a lot of gaps left to be filled in with regard to the trading system, but i like where it's headed so far.

Kingmal

Yeah, Tynan seems to have coded them so that you can't earn money by buying and selling resources. That's okay for pre-alpha I guess.

I would like to see a value system like the one in DF. Money doesn't mean much in space, and value also means that different ships will pay more for a certain resource.
Proud member of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation - First against the wall when the revolution comes!