Prison Doors

Started by StatikMilk30, October 30, 2014, 05:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StatikMilk30

The basic idea is just to have a prison door option like beds have an option to tern them into prisoner beds, so they can open them and go into out side areas to prevent cabin fever. 

Avis

I would like to see this, it would also allow prisoners to have there own rooms in there prison.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

BetaSpectre

Yeah it'd be nice if prisoners could have their own rooms.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Kagemusha

I like this idea too.
I mean, we aren't building prisons here so we shouldn't need a deep system for it.
But, that being said, I find it useful to have a table and seats for my prisoner(s) to eat at. But with the current set-up they have the shared room penalty and more often than not try to slaughter each other.

being able to have their own rooms that are connected to a dining room and maybe a recreation ('the Yard') room would help in alleviating unnecessary penalties.

bewarethegazebo

Great idea on prisoner doors, I like it.

TheXIIILightning

I'd also like to request the ability to have them locked for a prisoner, but not a colonist. So that they can be fed while being Quarantined.
Though for now there is an option to do that, that is by building a separate prison/cell and assigning them to the bed. ^^

keylocke

but which side of the prison door is "inside" and which side is "outside"?

doors have 2 sides, how do you choose which side becomes the prison area?

also, if you convert a bed to prison bed, the whole area enclosing that bed becomes a prison area, so small prisoner rooms for each prisoner is already doable or am i missing something here?

zyklame

The idea is that you can switch the door to extend the prisson area throu it. (Prissoners can pass)
The Beds are the 'source' of the prisson area as it is now.

Haplo

The main problem that doors have and that prevent the use as a prison door is that they are their own region. If you go from room one to room two through a door, you go through three regions: region room one, region door cell, region room two. And prisoners don't go through non prison regions.
If it is worse and they don't go in other regions even if they are prison regions, then it is impossible to make prison doors. But I don't know if that is the case or not..

bullwinkle

+1 for this idea!! I'd make a tiny prison  ;D

Mathenaut

Well, you can always just not have a door on the bedroom itself and make one expansive prison area.  There's a static penalty for it, but it beats cabin fever.

wolfman1911

Hmm, I wonder. Is there any penalty to having an outdoor prison? I mean, building the prison as normal, just making it a no roof region?

Wex

Roof or no roof, they are still walled. For not having a common bedroom, try to break line of sight from a bed to another.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Headshotkill