"Hey, if you happen to see a man with an extra left arm, could you mention me?"

Started by theapolaustic1, November 06, 2014, 11:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theapolaustic1

Classified ads. C'mon. Why not?

Okay, maybe not that. But would it be so much to ask the trader to give someone a heads-up about something you're in the need of? It's not a guarantee that what you need will come through, but surely traders put in at similar ports sometime. So surely you could tell that food trader you bought nothing off of "hey, here's some silver for your troubles, if you know anyone with a stock of plasteel, could you point them towards this rock".

It's been eight months since the last slave trader... I've taken to just selling the organs and burning the bodies because it's cheaper than feeding them. They're capable hands, all they need is a good home.

Cimanyd

Slave traders and regular traders are separate (different events), and after you get a certain number of colonists, slave traders stop appearing. It's one of the ways the game keeps you from getting too many colonists.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

theapolaustic1

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 07, 2014, 12:19:40 AM
Slave traders and regular traders are separate (different events), and after you get a certain number of colonists, slave traders stop appearing. It's one of the ways the game keeps you from getting too many colonists.

Slave traders stop appearing even on randy random? Damn.

That said, it doesn't change the logic of being able to ask it out of other traders. It even makes a bit of sense for slave traders to be left out of that option list, because it might not be considered polite to mention slave trading to an honest potato merchant. It'd still be nice to be able to direct who (might) show up in the future, albeit for a nominal fee.

litlbear

yes

Zanfib

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 07, 2014, 12:19:40 AM

So that's why it I couldn't get rid of all those prisoners in my last game!

The things you learn.

giannikampa

What if slave traders keep coming but have no slave to sell, just want to buy yours?
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Thorin

Quote from: giannikampa on November 12, 2014, 09:01:15 AM
What if slave traders keep coming but have no slave to sell, just want to buy yours?
I would be happy if that happened. Might give some negative thoughts for that, but still less negative than removing organs and making hats from them.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"