Cataracts

Started by NoImageAvailable, November 07, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

So I've started a new colony and have 6 people, all of them in their early 30's except one who is in 42. So how come 3 of them have cataracts in both eyes? And this isn't just a particular stroke of bad luck, this is the third time a colony is populated by mole people. So is Randy just hating me in particular or did other people experience similar things?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

christhekiller

I usually only have 1 or 2 people with cataracts by my 10th colonist

dotsnake

well at least you can install bionic eye

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: dotsnake on November 07, 2014, 03:10:05 PM
well at least you can install bionic eye

Not really, I just started and don't even have a proper medical facility, no way I'm getting 6 bionic eyes any time soon. And that's the thing, normally its not a problem since cataract people are few and far between but sometimes you just get frontloaded with a bunch of blind people right at the start.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

TheXIIILightning

I think you can transplant a healthy eye from a prisoner to a colonist.
Though I was using mods at the time I discovered that, o I'm unsure if it was a feature of the mod or a possibility in Vanilla.

Thorin

Harvesting eyes is a mod feature, forgot which one though.
EDIT : It's the Apothecarius mod I use.

And having so many cataracts in one go is quite unlucky.
I've tried a whole weekend to get colonists with this ( as I wanted to test something) but didn't succeed in it. Now I've got around 12 and still none with cataracts.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

SEND THE SQUIRELLS!!!!

;D >:( ??? ??? :-[ :-\ :'( :'(
ok enough of that
i am having the same problems as the guy who did the first post

the creators need to make a way to get rid of cataracts without just ripping out someones eye and shoving it in the trash
heloooooo children......................................

Wex

I got a double catarat colonist. He is 30 years old.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

skullywag

As per the above i do feel they need to be pushed into older ages. Im betting thisll be fleshed out in future and made more realistic but then again i know some 30 year olds whi have them irl.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

togt