[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Yep should be fixed in v5 it seems...now to check if i updated myself...lol
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Famous Shoes

The naming issue is certainly fixed; though now you can see the naming bug in Core, i.e., anything (droid or colonist) with a nickname with a space in has the name minorly corrupted on the next game load. For example, "Droid 'Logistics Droid' Logistics" is saved then reloaded as "Droid 'Logistics' Droid'" (note the last '), a clearer example is saving and loading "Droid 'Foo Bar' Logistics" becomes "Droid 'Foo' Bar'" after a reload.

In short, the default nicknames might be better off without a space in, perhaps just the function, e.g., "Droid 'Logistics' Logistics", or a dash "Droid 'Droid-Logistics' Logistics". Auto-numbering would be a boon and for use with EdB Interface, much shorter nicknames would be too, so perhaps "Droid 'Logi-1' Logistics" "Droid 'Medi-3' Medical".

mersah

sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I would love it if idle droid can automatically go back to a designated or an open charge pad instead of just roaming around.  The droid would go into action automatically when there is work that needs to be done.

I have setup a charge pad station near the entrance of my base and after a fight, I have to manually select each droid to go back to a charge pad where i disable them and then activate them when I want them to fight.  I would love it if this can be automated. 

Awesome mod btw!!!!!!!

Silkoraz

The coal burner needs coal. but cant craft it or find it anywhere, anyone know? Do I need other mods?

silentlord

is it me, or are these droids unkillable?

i built too many droids, so i sent one away into a massive wave of zombies, (as i have zombie mod) 1hr real time later, theres 2 massive zombie swarms, easy 100 of them smacking away at the lone droid, im also shelling it with mortar fire.

the bot just keeps on going, 3/4 health..... health tab going nuts, but still alive... power draining incredibly slowly and funny i can totally repair him by de-activating and re-activating.

i think im just gonna bring it back... hope defenders can wipe the zombies out and leave the turrets on auto attackt he droid until it maybe, eventually wants to die. lmao

mipen

Quote from: silentlord on March 14, 2015, 10:41:35 PM
is it me, or are these droids unkillable?

i built too many droids, so i sent one away into a massive wave of zombies, (as i have zombie mod) 1hr real time later, theres 2 massive zombie swarms, easy 100 of them smacking away at the lone droid, im also shelling it with mortar fire.

the bot just keeps on going, 3/4 health..... health tab going nuts, but still alive... power draining incredibly slowly and funny i can totally repair him by de-activating and re-activating.

i think im just gonna bring it back... hope defenders can wipe the zombies out and leave the turrets on auto attackt he droid until it maybe, eventually wants to die. lmao
Yeah thats a known bug haha, it'll be fixed in the next update

Snake

Good day. I can't build the control console. it is in the list but put on the map it can't. how to solve the roblem?

WintericeUK

@mipen

The download link for MD2Storage goes to the MD2Droids files.

loc978

Quote from: WintericeUK on March 16, 2015, 08:58:06 AM
@mipen

+1
Offending section:
Quote from: mipen on November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AMDownloads:
You can download the modules from GitHub:

MD2Base - this module is required for all others to work, and should be loaded first.
     MD2Droids
     MD2Industry
     MD2Manufacturing beta
     MD2Power
     MD2Storage <-----
     MD2Fortifications

Remember to only grab the latest release and not the master branch.
...I was going to post a corrected link to paste in, but the MD2 Storage section on github seems incomplete. I'm only seeing the master file.

silentlord

Mipen - just thought i'd let you know, that update6 breaks compatibility with vein-miner mod.

mipen

Quote from: Snake on March 16, 2015, 05:07:33 AM
Good day. I can't build the control console. it is in the list but put on the map it can't. how to solve the problem?
Have you built one already? When you try to place it, is there any message that pops up? There is a limiter that only allows for one to be built at any one time

@mipen

Quote from: loc978 on March 16, 2015, 05:18:10 PM
@mipen

+1
Offending section:
Quote from: mipen on November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AMDownloads:
You can download the modules from GitHub:

MD2Base - this module is required for all others to work, and should be loaded first.
     MD2Droids
     MD2Industry
     MD2Manufacturing beta
     MD2Power
     MD2Storage <-----
     MD2Fortifications

Remember to only grab the latest release and not the master branch.
...I was going to post a corrected link to paste in, but the MD2 Storage section on github seems incomplete. I'm only seeing the master file.
Thanks guys, it was inevitable that I'd mess something up somewhere :P I've fixed the link now

Quote from: silentlord on March 16, 2015, 05:44:46 PM
Mipen - just thought i'd let you know, that update6 breaks compatibility with vein-miner mod.
Yeah that's because I took the cheap and easy way of adding the new designator. I've changed how that's done for the next update. For the meantime, loading vein-miner after MD2Base should stop it from disappearing, you just won't get the collect sand order

silentlord

i just copied over some text from veinminer xml to yours. works again.

noticed droids aren't uber anymore. :P dropping like flies now. lol

can you repair droids? my crematorius is always damaged with broken parts etc...
no biggie otherwise, it's not like they are expensive to produce.

mipen

Quote from: silentlord on March 16, 2015, 07:06:42 PM
i just copied over some text from veinminer xml to yours. works again.

noticed droids aren't uber anymore. :P dropping like flies now. lol

can you repair droids? my crematorius is always damaged with broken parts etc...
no biggie otherwise, it's not like they are expensive to produce.
They will slowly regenerate damage over time (currently two injuries fully healed per day), but if they lose a part then it's gone. You can set the delay period between regen ticks in the droid settings def, located in MD2Base/Defs/SettingsDefs/DroidsSettings.xml - it is the healDelayTicks number. Remember that this number is in ticks, so 60 ticks = 1 second, and there are 24,000 ticks in an in-game day. Once I write a new bodydef for them I will figure out a method for repairing them :)

LegendZero88