[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: LegendZero88 on March 17, 2015, 11:18:04 AM
Vein miner doesn't work with this mod.
Load vein miner after md2base and it should be fine

Montanio

Just curious, is Update 6 directly update-able from Update 5? Can I just remove the old mod folder and drag the new modular stuff together? Or will it require a world/colony?

MisterLock

Apologies ahead...I know I'm really persistent.
Now onto my question,Can I expect the clay mod to in Update 7?Or even better if you do get around to update it can you release it as a standalone like back in the days?
I so honestly hate keeping on askin this question,I would update it myself honestly If I had any competence at all with Rimworld's code.
Thanks in advance Mipen
To each his own.

silentlord

omg! i just noticed something playing with the new update. i mentioned earlier about repairing the droids.

it seems when hurt now, they go straight to a medical bed and get treated like any other pawn. lol

also the  since the update, when damaged they have a purple square box on them where, a normal pawn would have the bleeding texture.

still can't get over the droids in beds! making me laugh now.

mipen

Quote from: Montanio on March 17, 2015, 04:20:25 PM
Just curious, is Update 6 directly update-able from Update 5? Can I just remove the old mod folder and drag the new modular stuff together? Or will it require a world/colony?
In theory it should be able to work, as I haven't changed or removed any Def names, but I did notice when I was testing it that it didn't like loading saves from the previous version. I would say try it, but keep a backup just in case

johiah

The deep storage will be very handy for storing 10k steel and 20k wood. (my colonists were bored so I told them to cut down every single tree.) Blame it on the bionics. (ridiculous storage room pic later.)
"My best warden has no jaw"

mipen

Quote from: MisterLock on March 17, 2015, 05:18:22 PM
Apologies ahead...I know I'm really persistent.
Now onto my question,Can I expect the clay mod to in Update 7?Or even better if you do get around to update it can you release it as a standalone like back in the days?
I so honestly hate keeping on askin this question,I would update it myself honestly If I had any competence at all with Rimworld's code.
Thanks in advance Mipen
I think you'll be happy to hear that I have finally added clay back in and it will make an appearance in the next update! Sorry for the massively long wait D: It is now a stuff item, slightly lower quality than ordinary stone, and can be used to build floors/any stuff related things. There will be a designator to tell colonists to manually collect some from mud/shallow water, and a machine which is placed on mud/shallow water and produces a little bit of clay automatically every 4 or so seconds. When it is collected it comes in the form of soft clay which must be baked in the electric smelter to produce bricks which are used for construction :)

mipen

Quote from: silentlord on March 17, 2015, 07:01:03 PM
omg! i just noticed something playing with the new update. i mentioned earlier about repairing the droids.

it seems when hurt now, they go straight to a medical bed and get treated like any other pawn. lol

also the  since the update, when damaged they have a purple square box on them where, a normal pawn would have the bleeding texture.

still can't get over the droids in beds! making me laugh now.
They should not be doing that! >:( bad droids haha, thanks for telling me, I thought I had sorted that out...

jal21

i am curntly haveing an ishow that the drodes ant dong there work and wandering around i think that it might be one of the mods that i have pluged in but i can be shore i did get them to do it befor but idk

AllenWL

So I made a logistics droid, and didn't like it at all, but I didn't know if I could turn it back into parts.

So when some sieges came by, I sent it out as a suicide bomber. Wasn't very effective. Oh well....

mipen

Quote from: AllenWL on March 22, 2015, 04:29:46 AM
So I made a logistics droid, and didn't like it at all, but I didn't know if I could turn it back into parts.

So when some sieges came by, I sent it out as a suicide bomber. Wasn't very effective. Oh well....
Is there anything in particular you didn't like about it? Any feedback is useful :)

MisterLock

Quote from: mipen on March 22, 2015, 01:29:01 AM
Quote from: MisterLock on March 17, 2015, 05:18:22 PM
-snip-
I think you'll be happy to hear that I have finally added clay back in and it will make an appearance in the next update! Sorry for the massively long wait D: It is now a stuff item, slightly lower quality than ordinary stone, and can be used to build floors/any stuff related things. There will be a designator to tell colonists to manually collect some from mud/shallow water, and a machine which is placed on mud/shallow water and produces a little bit of clay automatically every 4 or so seconds. When it is collected it comes in the form of soft clay which must be baked in the electric smelter to produce bricks which are used for construction :)

Can't wait!Thank you!
To each his own.

mipen

Quote from: Canute on March 22, 2015, 04:48:08 AM
You don't like logistic droids ? You don't enjoy a clean room ?

About Offworld Manufacturing Plant:
Did you let made some sculputures with the plant ?
Yes you can made them, but these don't got any stats or description.
Oops, an oversight on my part. I've just fixed this and it's in the new release. As an aside, do you have any feedback on the Manufacturing plant? It is useful? Balanced? Any feedback is appreciated :)

silentlord

[/size]

How can you not like Logistics droids, that makes no sense. they clean and haul-ass. i always have min of 2, sometimes build more if i start a large mining session. they are invaluable, like all the other droids. they free up your pawns so they can do other jobs.

Quote from: Canute on March 22, 2015, 07:44:21 AM
I didn't try it much yet.
It can be a good alternativ for any no/less skill needed bill like stone blocks or meals.
But the 200 plasteel needed for a new line, don't made it useful for early games when you don't got less pawn for cooking or an extra stonecutter.
I rather speed up research for droids, they need less plasteel.

And i notice you only can manufacture thing from vanilla and your mod.
It is possible to auto. scan other workbenches/active mod for possible bills to add them to the plant, or do you need to add them manualy ?

And Please, can you just made 1 archiv to download ? It is a little pain to get them all one by one, extract them one by one.

[/size]

Its done that way so as to be modular. or atleast i hope so. lol. again though, why is it a pain?

Quote from: mipen on March 22, 2015, 01:30:41 AM
Quote from: silentlord on March 17, 2015, 07:01:03 PMThey should not be doing that! >:( bad droids haha, thanks for telling me, I thought I had sorted that out...

lol... i wondered if something had gone awry, as they never did that before. still funny as hell.

AllenWL

Quote from: mipen on March 22, 2015, 04:54:19 AM

Is there anything in particular you didn't like about it? Any feedback is useful :)

Well, the droid hauled, cleaned, fought fires, and flicked switches on and off, right?
My colonists already hauled and cleaned quite well, I finished my basic defenses and was just expanding my farm, hunting, a crafting a bit and such, any I already had a few colonists that where very useful, but only in limited ways(excellent grower, warden, great fighter, etc) who did all my cleaning and hauling, fires where well under control by everyone, and for turning things on and off, it was much better having the nearest person do it rather then waiting for the droid.

All in all, it did help, but not enough to be worth it.

I supposed I could have gotten a lot of logistics droids, which would have been useful, but that would have just ended up with a good half of my colonists just wandering around drinking beer.