[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ominus

Thanks for such a cool mod mipen :D Manufacturing plant is working well now, I've attached some recipe defs for other mods that anyone can use to add those recipes to the plant. I didnt add all from each mod as some dont feel like they should be mass produceable, like bionic prosthetics, etc.
I used the mods name for the xml files so its easier to choose which ones you want to add.

And now a tiny problem I noticed with the manufacturing plant, it refuses to take piles of sand, stone and metal slag for the recipes that need it. I haven't had any problems with other recipes so far.
Oh I should mention this problem has been present since the first release, It's not a big deal though since 99% of recipes still work.  :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

mipen

Quote from: Ominus on March 26, 2015, 10:42:41 AM
Thanks for such a cool mod mipen :D Manufacturing plant is working well now, I've attached some recipe defs for other mods that anyone can use to add those recipes to the plant. I didnt add all from each mod as some dont feel like they should be mass produceable, like bionic prosthetics, etc.
I used the mods name for the xml files so its easier to choose which ones you want to add.

And now a tiny problem I noticed with the manufacturing plant, it refuses to take piles of sand, stone and metal slag for the recipes that need it. I haven't had any problems with other recipes so far.
Oh I should mention this problem has been present since the first release, It's not a big deal though since 99% of recipes still work.  :)
Hey good work on those :D Uhm, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but in the latest update I have changed how the plant finds recipes to use. It will now add any recipe who's workSkill is either Cooking, Crafting or Artistic. You are still able to use the def as you did to add recipes manually however, just most of them are probably covered now. You can also use the def to blacklist any recipes you don't want showing up. Also, I have fixed the bug where it doesn't use sand or chunks :)

Ominus

nice! Well atleast I wont have to copy the defs over every time I update to a new version  ;D

Thanks for the awesome mods and hard work!  :D 8)

EDIT: thank god you added a search bar in the assembly, the recipe list is huge now with all the mods I got lol

mrzjadacz

Crematorius is immortal. I didn't need him longer, so i wanted to use him to lure mechanoids. Then I discovered, that everytime we disable and enable him, he back to 100% health, every burns, cracks will disapear.

mipen

Quote from: mrzjadacz on March 28, 2015, 07:08:18 AM
Crematorius is immortal. I didn't need him longer, so i wanted to use him to lure mechanoids. Then I discovered, that everytime we disable and enable him, he back to 100% health, every burns, cracks will disapear.
Is this just the crematorius? Or do all droids do this aswell?

mrzjadacz

Quote from: mipen on March 28, 2015, 08:07:05 AM
Quote from: mrzjadacz on March 28, 2015, 07:08:18 AM
Is this just the crematorius? Or do all droids do this aswell?
I am not sure. I don't have yet any poverful enemy to test it with my combat droid. Boars and muffalos aren't strong enough that do anything to him. I will send you a priv, when i get better info.

AllenWL

Basic combat droids are so useful. They have saved many a life.
Just a question, but by calling the droids basic combat droid, are you hinting at advanced combat droids?

mipen

Quote from: AllenWL on March 28, 2015, 09:00:17 AM
Basic combat droids are so useful. They have saved many a life.
Just a question, but by calling the droids basic combat droid, are you hinting at advanced combat droids?
Yes :)

JuiceBox

When constructing the Droid production table.. it constructs but doesn't appear, and you cannot click or use it.

It must be not compatible with another mod currently using.. Any ideas on which mods its not working with?

Also the deep storage doesn't appear to be working correctly as well storing only 75 of ea ch item after upgrading to 1000 and 1500..

rditto48801

Quote from: JuiceBox on March 28, 2015, 01:37:42 PM
When constructing the Droid production table.. it constructs but doesn't appear, and you cannot click or use it.

It must be not compatible with another mod currently using.. Any ideas on which mods its not working with?

Also the deep storage doesn't appear to be working correctly as well storing only 75 of ea ch item after upgrading to 1000 and 1500..

I can think of some basic troubleshooting steps.
Have you checked to make sure MD Base is loading before the other MD modules?
If you don't have EdB Mod Order, I would strongly suggest you get it. It helps with managing lots of mods, and can ensure multiple part mods like Mechanical Defense loads the base module before the other modules.

Another thing to check is if you have the latest versions of the modules.
Do you have MD2Base-5, MD2Droid-2 and MD2Storage-2 in your mod folder?

The old version of Deep Storage (MD2Storage-1) only shows a single stack, but will show in its details how much it stores total (e.g., 123/1000), and has a 'dump all' type option to eject everything it stored both the shown stack and what is stored internally (which creates a big mess of stacks all over the place with a fully filled Deep Storage III...)
The newest version (MD2Storage-2) apparently lacks such details/options, and just has a single stack that lacks the usual stack size limitations. (e.g., a stack of 495 plasteel)
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

SeamusCameron

I don't know if it has been suggested before, but being able to extract/collect clay from marshes would be pretty awesome.

Vingolf

Pivotal

So, I have tried everything and still cant research more then basic techs that doesn't actually unlock anything.

Ive even made a fresh install, with only the MD2-mods loaded. I made sure they all were the newest versions and that MD2 Base was loaded first.

Still same issue. I also sometimes get an issue with the storage-mod. Sometimes it seems to bug out and prevent me from hauling any of the items that crashlanded with me. Anything else can be hauled though. Turn off the mod, and it works fine again.

But the most critical for me is the research bug. The entire mod does nothing right now.

Anyone?

rditto48801

@ Pivotal
So it doesn't work even if MD2Base is the first thing loaded after Core?

For the Deep Storage not accepting items.
Make sure it is configured right, that it has only one type of item set to be stored in each one, and that it is the higher priority than other stockpiles you have that could take the item in question.

I've had a few times where pawns refuse to carry goods to Deep Storage until after they first carry it to a lower priority stockpile.
Either the Deep Storage has an occasional short delay between storing a stack before it can accept another stack, or some other issue is at work.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Master Bucketsmith