[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Hey everyone, just a quick update to let you know that I likely won't be very active for a little while, I'm taking a short break but I will be back soon! Remember to open issues on github.com if you find any bugs / have any suggestions. Thanks :)

hulksterr

To install this, do I just need to download the files and put them in the mod folder? Or to put the droid download in the base folder?

Redshadow

Quote from: hulksterr on April 05, 2015, 02:30:14 AM
To install this, do I just need to download the files and put them in the mod folder? Or to put the droid download in the base folder?

I think you'd benefit from reading the 'How to install and update for all mods' thread at the top of the Releases list.
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

Grynnreaper

I've done the research, can't find the dsu, what does it look like?

Cryorus

Little bug report:
(GIT doesnt load for me right now :/ )
Sometimes when colonists take items from a DSU the itemstack tends "to explode".
A 2000+ stack of steel expodes into individual 75x stacks around the DSU.
Other than that the DSU work WAY better than in alpha 8.

mipen

Quote from: Grynnreaper on April 08, 2015, 10:54:44 AM
I've done the research, can't find the dsu, what does it look like?
It is in the misc tab, looks like a large brownish rectangle

Quote from: Cryorus on April 09, 2015, 08:58:27 AM
Little bug report:
Sometimes when colonists take items from a DSU the itemstack tends "to explode".
Thanks for letting me know. Have you seen it happen? Sometimes pawns will pick up a stack and spread it out if they see it is over the stack limit

Cryorus

Quote from: mipen on April 09, 2015, 11:14:57 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Have you seen it happen? Sometimes pawns will pick up a stack and spread it out if they see it is over the stack limit

It just goes every where. When the stack explodes it goes even outside the room trough walls and into spaces between rooms (had do deconstruct a few walls in order to get 1 stack)

johiah

Please make basic combat droids not explode. curently, I forgot it would damage their clothing. I gave them each good gear so they would SURVIVE, but they got shot by multiple people with charge rifles, exploded and now my normal 98% charge rifles are at 15% and same for the synthread clothing and normal armor chestpeices and SUPERIOR kevlar helmets. I dunno I tink them exploding on death migth need to be fixed.
"My best warden has no jaw"

Goo Poni

Quote from: johiah on April 11, 2015, 07:12:38 AM
Please make basic combat droids not explode. curently, I forgot it would damage their clothing. I gave them each good gear so they would SURVIVE, but they got shot by multiple people with charge rifles, exploded and now my normal 98% charge rifles are at 15% and same for the synthread clothing and normal armor chestpeices and SUPERIOR kevlar helmets. I dunno I tink them exploding on death migth need to be fixed.

Alternatively, MOAR MODS! Install the Mending Table and any damaged equipment can be repaired. Generally only takes a few moments when playing at triple speed to repair anything. Allows you to change your colonists' clothes to fresh clothes to remove the Frayed Apparel debuff then repair their messed up clothing with some patchwork denim and you're all good to go.

Were Crematorious droids adjusted between A7 and A9? Because now they cremate everything, which is very annoying when mechanoids attack and they go off to cremate the mechanoids when those things could be scrapped for metal or repurposed with MoreMechanoids.

johiah

Quote from: Goo Poni on April 11, 2015, 10:15:39 AM

Alternatively, MOAR MODS! Install the Mending Table and any damaged equipment can be repaired. Generally only takes a few moments when playing at triple speed to repair anything. Allows you to change your colonists' clothes to fresh clothes to remove the Frayed Apparel debuff then repair their messed up clothing with some patchwork denim and you're all good to go.

Were Crematorious droids adjusted between A7 and A9? Because now they cremate everything, which is very annoying when mechanoids attack and they go off to cremate the mechanoids when those things could be scrapped for metal or repurposed with MoreMechanoids.
could not find the mending table mod.

Goo Poni

Quote from: johiah on April 11, 2015, 11:59:48 AM

Mending Table plus other assorted mods. Enjoy.

johiah

Quote from: Goo Poni on April 11, 2015, 01:05:02 PM
Quote from: johiah on April 11, 2015, 11:59:48 AM

Mending Table plus other assorted mods. Enjoy.
thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

rditto48801

Quote from: mipen on April 09, 2015, 11:14:57 PM
Quote from: Cryorus on April 09, 2015, 08:58:27 AM
Little bug report:

I've had the same issue.
Of noticing a DSU is empty with stacks of items spread out all over the place. I've had stacks a little under 1k steel on a Mk III DSU get spread out all over the place on several occasions, but have not actually seen it happen. The DSU in question was next to (as in 2 spaces away from) a stockpile that was also set to store steel at one lower level of priority, which made it seemed out of place since pawns would have a place to take stacks after 'unloading' the DSU.

The only times I have seen them take a full super sized stack, they basically run off to take it someplace that needs only a little bit of stuff (well under a normal full size stack), then come back to the DSU to unload a stack (or two if initially empty). Then they constantly go back and forth between the DSU and an adjacent stockpile, since the DSU only accepts a single stack at a time (sometimes double if the DSU is initially empty), and seems to take a few moments before it can accept another stack since they sometimes unload 2 or more stacks on the adjacent stockpile before heading back to the DSU. (maybe due to game seeming to have short delays before pawns 'see' a stockpile has had its settings changed?)

I've seen pawns do similar with regular stacks, such as grabbing a full stack of berries because a higher priority stockpile had a stack with just a few berries taken from it, so I would guess that issue is likely the game itself and not the DSU or the mod in general.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

mrzjadacz

Does embrasures or mechanical walls in embrasure state, grant any cover? I would want to use them to make maze.

Yas

Quote from: mrzjadacz on April 13, 2015, 03:14:46 AM
Does embrasures or mechanical walls in embrasure state, grant any cover? I would want to use them to make maze.

Cover... thats what they are for. So, Id say *yes*