[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Quote from: ArmyHeLL07 on May 18, 2015, 08:41:39 AM
QuoteI can say what I've said before; I had the same issue, I've managed to overcome it, however I don't remember how. If you could enable dev mode and post a screenshot of the error it pops, I *might* be able to help.
Or others. But without it? Slim chance anyone could.

i dont know how to open dev mode (i just started 1 or 2 month ago)

Lol (i don't like this word, but i don't know better for describe this :D), how anyone can play 2 month and didn't see a "Developer mode" option? :D When i played for first time, first off i went to options.

ArmyHeLL07

Quote from: Adamiks on May 18, 2015, 08:52:21 AM
QuoteI can say what I've said before; I had the same issue, I've managed to overcome it, however I don't remember how. If you could enable dev mode and post a screenshot of the error it pops, I *might* be able to help.

Lol (i don't like this word, but i don't know better for describe this :D), how anyone can play 2 month and didn't see a "Developer mode" option? :D When i played for first time, first off i went to options.

lol i know right? everyone goes to the options first but i go to the create new world and new colony option and spend my time at creating characters :P never needed the options anyway maybe gettin the volume down or something but really not needed :D

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: ArmyHeLL07 on May 18, 2015, 08:59:58 AM

lol i know right? everyone goes to the options first but i go to the create new world and new colony option and spend my time at creating characters :P never needed the options anyway maybe gettin the volume down or something but really not needed :D

Okay, for some reason I'm laughing my ass off here... ^^
Anyway...! Open the options menu, enable development mode, make a droid and it should pop up a window with some unintelligible red text. Click on the last one (possibly it'll be the right one), re-size the window so you(and we) can see the whole message, take a screenshot of it and upload it here, so someone might be able to help you.

Adamiks

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 18, 2015, 09:06:26 AM

Anyway...! Open the options menu, enable development mode, make a droid and it should pop up a window with some unintelligible red text. Click on the last one (possibly it'll be the right one), re-size the window so you(and we) can see the whole message, take a screenshot of it and upload it here, so someone might be able to help you.

I think the easier option will be just activating the dev mode, then god mode, then creating a bench and then creating a droid - error will pop-up by self.

ArmyHeLL07

Quote from: Adamiks on May 18, 2015, 09:09:07 AM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 18, 2015, 09:06:26 AM

I think the easier option will be just activating the dev mode, then god mode, then creating a bench and then creating a droid - error will pop-up by self.

if thats you are looking for then we got a problem because there is lots of red texts goin on

Adamiks

Go to folder with Rimworld, then to "RimWorld785Win/Mac/Linux_Data" and there is a file named "output_log". This file cointains all the errors. You can send this file by attaching it to the post or write "[.code] HERE IS EVERYTHING FROM FILE [./code]", without "."

ArmyHeLL07

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message :
The message exceeds the maximum allowed lenght (20000 characters). well okay then here is the pastebin link hope that helps :P

http://pastebin.com/whqMSbeW

Ienkoron

If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Axeleration

Just asking, can this be run only with MD2Base-8 and MD2Droids-6 modules, because when I try it this way it I cant build droid assembly. It shows "? 150 (unchosen material)", plus i cannot unselect the building aka basically game is basically frozen.

I can run and build fine when I load SCA10Core ( Superior Crafting) between base and droids or use overhaul, but is there any way I could only use droids?

ArmyHeLL07

Quote from: Axeleration on May 19, 2015, 12:28:27 PM
Just asking, can this be run only with MD2Base-8 and MD2Droids-6 modules, because when I try it this way it I cant build droid assembly. It shows "? 150 (unchosen material)", plus i cannot unselect the building aka basically game is basically frozen.

I can run and build fine when I load SCA10Core ( Superior Crafting) between base and droids or use overhaul, but is there any way I could only use droids?

i dont know anything about that error but i just cant build droid assembly table (maybe the same thing?)

mipen

Quote from: Adamiks on May 12, 2015, 01:09:10 PM
Bug report: My cooking droid and growing droid can build/repair. I don't think this should be in that way (and in xml files i don't see <construction> as allowed for this droids).
This is because of how the game determines what work a pawn can do from their backstories. There's no way to fix it at the moment, but the droids won't automatically do those jobs if they aren't supposed to.

Quote from: delous on May 12, 2015, 06:26:39 PM
I love your mod but ive started running into some hiccups.
My bots dont heal. They dont heal themselves or use med beds but what ive seen start happening is a few of my bots have started this endless loop where they want to use the bed but they arent allowed so they freeze in place kind of blinking trying to do it over and over but not performing any other tasks. Maybe you can let them use the med beds at least until you find a diff way to heal them?
Is it possible to make a warden bot or give the warden ability to the medic? Also do you recommend any weapon crafting mods that is compatible with yours?
Droids fully heal an injury every 12,000 ticks, which is around half a day. I really need to work on a way to repair them, but it will be a huge job and I'm slightly putting it off D: Is there any way to repeat this bug? I've never seen it happening in any of my tests.

Quote from: Jaredmatt200 on May 15, 2015, 05:00:42 PM
Im surprised many have had the mod work out of most the mods Ive used till the update that I downloaded this mod wont work at all, everytime I try to build any building within this mod it would go under construction then when construction was complete the object would then just disappear and take the materials with it, how would I correct this?
When this happens, do you have any other mods activated? There is a compatibility issue with Superior Crafting that I haven't had time to look at yet, which could be causing the problem. On my test game I've never had a problem with buildings not being constructed.

Quote from: bigmap on May 16, 2015, 05:40:00 AM
After build Fissure Generator, save and load,Have error。
Thanks for the heads up, I've fixed the issue in the latest release :)

Quote from: BMS on May 17, 2015, 08:56:26 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on May 16, 2015, 04:09:36 PM
So they are useless by half of the time and they killing FPS.

True story, since alpha 10 ive had to cut back on the number of droids i use.
There is an FPS drop with a lot of droids? D:

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 17, 2015, 10:17:47 AM
Quote from: Ninefinger on May 17, 2015, 09:57:24 AM
Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 17, 2015, 09:38:51 AM
Hey Nine wanted to ask to see if you're having issues with the crafting droid not making electronic chips at the powered smithing table automatically. I can get him to prioritize making them and then he makes them once and then goes back to being idle. not sure if this is an issue on my part or not, nothing else is being crafted he just wanders around idle after everything else hits quota

The droids not crafting is a droid mod issue, you will have to post the bug at the Original mod forum.

I will look into seeing what i can do on my end to fix it but no promises.

Potential bug

Edit: Same thing is happening at the tailor workbench with parkas
Thanks for letting me know, looks like a couple of things changed with the new Alpha. I've fixed the smithing in the new release but accidentally left out tailoring. I've let NineFingers know how to fix it and tailoring will be included in the next realease. Thanks :)

mipen

Quote from: ArmyHeLL07 on May 18, 2015, 09:33:00 AM
The message exceeds the maximum allowed lenght (20000 characters). well okay then here is the pastebin link hope that helps :P

From the output log, it looks like the game isn't loading any of the assemblies from my mods. Are you using windows? I really don't know what could be causing this :(

Quote from: Axeleration on May 19, 2015, 12:28:27 PM

There is an incompatibility between Superior Crafting and MD2 at the moment which could be causing the problems

ArmyHeLL07

Quote from: mipen on May 19, 2015, 11:12:09 PM
Quote from: ArmyHeLL07 on May 18, 2015, 09:33:00 AM

From the output log, it looks like the game isn't loading any of the assemblies from my mods. Are you using windows? I really don't know what could be causing this :(
yes im using windows *.*

MechanoidHater

Got this error when trying to place a droid in hospital bed
obDriver threw exception in Tick. Pawn=Hauler 2, Job=LayDown A=HospitalBed846363 C=(0, 0, 0) Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.JobDriver_LayDown+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator53.<>m__9F () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Tycoon2

Hey Mipen. I am having issues with the mod. I have them downloaded and in my mods folder with the  Core first and the Mech Defense Core first and then other mods as fallows. When I turn on the game I recieve a bunch of XML errors for the mod. These are the only mods oi use and Im using alpha 10 of the game. Please help I am new to downloading mods this way. Steam has spoiled me.