[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdr.Keen

I downloaded Base-11, Driods-10, StoriesCore-7

after i activated the mods, the ui vanished and the game won't load up again.

I also installed EdB-PrepareCarefully 1.9.2. and BrunaylaSecurtyCo 1.4.8. before - no starting problems with them.
be water my friend!

mipen

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 14, 2015, 08:16:33 AM

I also installed EdB-PrepareCarefully 1.9.2. and BrunaylaSecurtyCo 1.4.8. before - no starting problems with them.
Did you activate them in the right order? The load order is very important and will cause problems like this if it's wrong. I would recommend getting edb's mod order mod and using that to get the correct load order. Remember that md2base and BackstoriesCore need to both be loaded before droids

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: mipen on June 14, 2015, 08:31:01 AM

Did you activate them in the right order? The load order is very important and will cause problems like this if it's wrong. I would recommend getting edb's mod order mod and using that to get the correct load order. Remember that md2base and BackstoriesCore need to both be loaded before droids

thank you, now it's working
be water my friend!

mipen

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 14, 2015, 08:40:34 AM
Quote from: mipen on June 14, 2015, 08:31:01 AM

thank you, now it's working
No problem :) have fun!

Cdr.Keen

looks like it's not compatible to my a11 savegame. all colonists stopped doing something and stay at the same place, starving.
be water my friend!

Tivec

Filed this as a bug on the issue tracker for MD2Droids - colonist AI seems to stop working after I enable it. They do not move or perform any tasks. Drafted, I can control them, but as soon as I undraft they just stand staring.

https://github.com/mipen/MD2Droids/issues/1

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: Tivec on June 14, 2015, 10:34:51 AM
Filed this as a bug on the issue tracker for MD2Droids - colonist AI seems to stop working after I enable it. They do not move or perform any tasks. Drafted, I can control them, but as soon as I undraft they just stand staring.

same here
be water my friend!

thefinn

Weird issue, I'm just getting a black screen when I load up droids and base together.

Base loads fine, load droids and the menu won't come up. I even redownloaded them.

Only using EDB mods with them atm.

mipen

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 14, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

same here
Does this happen on a brand new world? I never experienced this when I was testing, so it could be that the mod is incompatible with existing saves? I'll do some tests and see if I can recreate the bug, and see how I can fix it. If you post me your output log it would be a great help :)

Quote from: thefinn on June 14, 2015, 09:31:00 PM
Weird issue, I'm just getting a black screen when I load up droids and base together.

Base loads fine, load droids and the menu won't come up. I even redownloaded them.

Only using EDB mods with them atm.
Are you loading them in the right order? And remember that droids also needs BackstoriesCore loaded before it

thefinn

Had them loaded very last. 3 edb mods, I don't use backstories.

mipen

If you don't have BackstoriesCore loaded then that will be your problem. Md2droids requires BackstoriesCore to be loaded before it, or it won't work. You only need BackstoriesCore, not any of the backstory packs

mipen

Simulacrum0

Droids that are shot take damage the needs treatment to heal making them sit at the repair station trying to repair.

Edit: Droids repair till there is 2 hp left to repair than the needs treatment to heal come up leaving them to try and repair till you stop them of the run out of power and explode.

any way can you make it so droids can charge from just standing on the pad? and it would help if combat droids were a different race from the others to make selecting combat only a bit easier.

mipen

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 14, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

same here
Okay, I have singled this down to being an incompatibility with existing saves, which I believe is due to my use of a new WorkTypeDef. As it is, I can see no way of fixing it without redoing a major bit of the code for droids to go and get repairs, so unfortunately the mod will be incompatible with existing saves from now on :( It should really also need a new world created, because of some other parts in the mod.