[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrshilka

Quote from: mipen on July 21, 2015, 09:00:23 PM
I am working on a rework of the droids that should help fix the problems you are having, but I can't say when it will be ready

Thank you for your work mipen, I look forward to the update when it comes, Until then I shall nursemaid the drones.

mipen

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on July 21, 2015, 11:03:51 PM
Are you going to make them rescuable or work in another form of power detection. Maybe like a program (don't know if possible) that detects the power needed to go to the nearest power charging point, and the power left. Just an idea
In the version I am working on, they now have a deactivated state which they enter if they run out of power or are downed. To reactivate them, they must be hauled to a repair station, where they will be repaired/recharged. When building them, you will have an option to have them explode when they are killed, which you can set to how ever you want

On a side note, 1000th comment! :D

caesius

function that makes player can set droids activity area like human pawns is essential i think.
my stupid droids are walk around by self and got killed so easily.

Endovior

Quote from: caesius on July 22, 2015, 08:25:50 AM
function that makes player can set droids activity area like human pawns is essential i think.

Technically, you can do this, it's just that you need to do it on a per-droid level, which is inconvenient. It'd be nicer if you could set restrictions for droids in the same way that you can for humans.

Also; droids are able to haul meals out of prisoner rooms, which humans normally can't; this is a problem, since it means that Logistics Droids will steal the food delivered to your prisoners, starving them.

caesius

Quote from: Endovior on July 22, 2015, 10:03:49 AM
Quote from: caesius on July 22, 2015, 08:25:50 AM

Technically, you can do this, it's just that you need to do it on a per-droid level, which is inconvenient. It'd be nicer if you could set restrictions for droids in the same way that you can for humans.

Also; droids are able to haul meals out of prisoner rooms, which humans normally can't; this is a problem, since it means that Logistics Droids will steal the food delivered to your prisoners, starving them.

you illuminated me. thanks.

olvini3

Hey, I've got a problem.

I want to make silicon and I only need sand, right?
But when I want to make silicon, my colonists can't do that because some materials are missing whereas I have mountains of sand in my storage :(
A solution please? Thanks :)

PS : Sorry if this problem has been already relayed :p

mipen

Quote from: olvini3 on July 24, 2015, 04:40:22 AM
Hey, I've got a problem.

But when I want to make silicon, my colonists can't do that because some materials are missing whereas I have mountains of sand in my storage :(

Do have Industrialisation installed? I think that and maybe another mod also add sand and silicon, which makes it a bit confusing. The sand from MD2 is called "Pile of Sand", so if that's not what you have then that is the problem. You can get MD2 sand by crushing stone chunks at the stone cutting table, or by using the 'Dig Sand' order on sand terrain

olvini3

Quote from: mipen on July 24, 2015, 07:10:57 AM
Quote from: olvini3 on July 24, 2015, 04:40:22 AM
Hey, I've got a problem.

Do have Industrialisation installed? I think that and maybe another mod also add sand and silicon, which makes it a bit confusing. The sand from MD2 is called "Pile of Sand", so if that's not what you have then that is the problem. You can get MD2 sand by crushing stone chunks at the stone cutting table, or by using the 'Dig Sand' order on sand terrain

Thank you, I used normal "sand" like an idiot ><

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: olvini3 on July 24, 2015, 08:42:41 AM
Thank you, I used normal "sand" like an idiot ><
It's ok. We all make mistakes. Though it would be nice if this mod had a compatability with other sand *wink*
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Leucetius

That would be a very complicated thing to do. During runtime you have no easy way to check what other mods are running and wjat kind of ressources (or everything for that matter) they add to the game and react accordingly.

Two things might be a good:
1) A used ressource list (with the id's used) so a) another modder knows which id NOT to use to ensure compatibilty b) another modder knows which id TO USE to ensure compatibility. This sentence makes totally sence ;)
2) A mod installer. That's something I have in the back of my head and actually made a few scribbles in my notepad here and there. But at the moment I'm working nighttimes and just can't push me to the computer for work at days.

Othobrithol

I'm going to be rather candid here, and I hope it isn't offensive to the creator. As much as there are some interesting ideas, and excellent work, in the various other things in the package, the droids are your magnum opus. At the same time, Superior Crafting remains probably the most common base mod that people are playing with. I think it would be just grand if you, the creator, made a very clean and neat version of droids that is directly compatible with Superior crafting and uses its sand, electronics etc. Essentially one package containing the droid backstories, the necessary dll and SC compatible recipes.

Those of us playing around with the defs ourselves can already do that, but players unwilling or unable to do the tinkering end up losing out or have to go with a modpack that includes the integration (often with unwanted other mods or out of date versions of your droids.)

Vas

Sculptures are dropped "installed" from orbit when you use the manufacturing plant.
This glitch destroyed my orbital beacon and caused all future trades to be destroyed by my shields.

EDIT: Droids also stop working during solar flares, even after  you research the solar flare resistance.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mathwizi2005

buggy bug on fresh copy of A11D

This is running only MD2 add-ons and I'm loading the backstories core before Droids, of course removing Droids fixes this.
Loader exceptions:

=> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MD2.DroidKindDef' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MD2.ListerDroids' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidButcher
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidCharge

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidCremate

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidDeactivated

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidRepair

Could not find type named MD2.DroidKindDef from node <PawnKindDef ParentName="BaseDroidKind" Class="MD2.DroidKindDef"><label>Logistics Droid</label><race>DroidRace</race><pointsCost>999999</pointsCost><defaultFactionType>Colony</defaultFactionType><baseRecruitDifficulty>60</baseRecruitDifficulty><backstoryCategory>Civil</backstoryCategory><isFighter>false</isFighter><apparelTags><li>Spacer</li></apparelTags><apparelMoney><min>0</min><max>0</max></apparelMoney><allowedWorkTypeDefs><li>MD2Maintenance</li><li>Flicker</li><li>Firefighter</li><li>Cleaning</li><li>Hauling</li></allowedWorkTypeDefs><standardBodyGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/LogisticsDroid/Droid</standardBodyGraphicPath><headGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/LogisticsDroid/DroidHead</headGraphicPath><maxEnergy>650</maxEnergy><Settings>MD2LogisticsDroidSettings</Settings><explodeOnDeath>true</explodeOnDeath><explosionRadius>1.9</explosionRadius><disableOnSolarFlare>true</disableOnSolarFlare><EnergyUseRate>300</EnergyUseRate><canManThings>true</canManThings><defName>MD2LogisticsDroid</defName><backstoryDef>LogisticsDroid</backstoryDef></PawnKindDef>

XML error: <allowedWorkTypeDefs><li>MD2Maintenance</li><li>Flicker</li><li>Firefighter</li><li>Cleaning</li><li>Hauling</li></allowedWorkTypeDefs> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <headGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/LogisticsDroid/DroidHead</headGraphicPath> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <maxEnergy>650</maxEnergy> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <Settings>MD2LogisticsDroidSettings</Settings> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <explodeOnDeath>true</explodeOnDeath> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <explosionRadius>1.9</explosionRadius> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <disableOnSolarFlare>true</disableOnSolarFlare> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <EnergyUseRate>300</EnergyUseRate> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <canManThings>true</canManThings> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

XML error: <backstoryDef>LogisticsDroid</backstoryDef> doesn't correspond to any field in type PawnKindDef.

mipen

What os are you running? Does this happen when you try activate the mod / start the game? It looks like the game isn't loading the assembly properly. I don't know what could cause this, but it might be your os (I compiled it on Windows 7,so that could possibly be causing an issue, I don't really know) or it could be a corrupted file or something

mipen

Quote from: Vas on July 29, 2015, 05:05:27 AM
Sculptures are dropped "installed" from orbit when you use the manufacturing plant.
This glitch destroyed my orbital beacon and caused all future trades to be destroyed by my shields.

EDIT: Droids also stop working during solar flares, even after  you research the solar flare resistance.
Thanks for letting me know :) I'll add it to my list