[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aalikane

Has anyone else noticed how the MD3 storage containers just start short circuiting? Like the people no longer have a 'path' to get to them, when there's nothing blocking it?  It's been happening constantly and my only real complaint about this mod :/

Minnigin

Quote from: aalikane on October 24, 2015, 05:28:32 PM
Has anyone else noticed how the MD3 storage containers just start short circuiting? Like the people no longer have a 'path' to get to them, when there's nothing blocking it?  It's been happening constantly and my only real complaint about this mod :/

only one pawn can use them at a time, sounds like what you're talkin about

aalikane

No, when a pawn is attempting to use it whiel someone else is, it comes up with 'storage container already in use'  this just says 'no path'  like if your pawn is only allowed in the home region, and you attempt to have them go haul something not in blue.

Ouan

Quote from: aalikane on October 24, 2015, 10:26:17 PM
No, when a pawn is attempting to use it whiel someone else is, it comes up with 'storage container already in use'  this just says 'no path'  like if your pawn is only allowed in the home region, and you attempt to have them go haul something not in blue.
I have literally never had that problem. What other mods do you have installed? I can try to duplicate it to find a work around, but I have never noticed this sort of pawn pathing issue.
Damn Pirates!

Stonn

Is MD2-23 compatible with A12D? (except MD2Droids which is not ready do A12) I assume it should work flawlessly on A12D right?

starburst98

yes, the differences between 12c and 12d should not effect mods. so everything besides droids should work.

Simulacrum0

tigg

Has anyone had a problem with the mechanical walls?
I used them in A11 and have had a few for a while now in A12 with no problem. All of a sudden, whenever I recess one, the game starts lagging immediately. I tried loading up a previous save and deconstructing the wall, lag started immediately upon deconstruction. I've tried reloading and waiting before doing anything with it but as soon as I do anything with the wall (recesss/deconstruct), the game starts to judder. I don't know how many of the walls I've got but it's less than 10.

I think my mending mod was causing an issue but it's weird that it always coincided with doing anything with that piece (and only that piece) of mech wall, even in God mode.

Stonn

Could you expand the number of things that can be stored in in the Deep Storage Units? I mean stone blocks, beer, chocolate and possibly other foods as long as they are still capable of being frozen.

TLHeart

Quote from: Stonn on November 30, 2015, 10:36:21 PM
Could you expand the number of things that can be stored in in the Deep Storage Units? I mean stone blocks, beer, chocolate and possibly other foods as long as they are still capable of being frozen.

anything that can be stored, you can set to be stored in the deep storage units.

Stonn

Quote from: TLHeart on December 01, 2015, 10:23:47 AM

anything that can be stored, you can set to be stored in the deep storage units.

Are you saying that those things cannot be stored or that I can make it possible by editing the XML?

I can see the tree structure
<categories>
<li>ResourcesRaw</li>
<li>Manufactured</li>
</categories>

and I guess I could add other things here such that I could store other kinds of things. Is that correct? Do you know what the structure would be for possibly all the things that are in a vanilla stockpile? (I don't know the actual names like "ResourcesRaw" that are being used by the XML's) Is there a reason why DSU only contains ResourcesRaw & Manufactured?

Same question for the maxStorage: I know 2250 is 30 stacks, but can I up it to 2625 such that overall a DSU (on both tiles) stores 2700 of a thing? 2325 seems just random.

I am never sure what I can mess with. I am by far not a coder but this stuff is fun.

TLHeart

Quote from: Stonn on December 01, 2015, 02:32:13 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on December 01, 2015, 10:23:47 AM

Are you saying that those things cannot be stored or that I can make it possible by editing the XML?

I can see the tree structure
<categories>
<li>ResourcesRaw</li>
<li>Manufactured</li>
</categories>

and I guess I could add other things here such that I could store other kinds of things. Is that correct? Do you know what the structure would be for possibly all the things that are in a vanilla stockpile? (I don't know the actual names like "ResourcesRaw" that are being used by the XML's) Is there a reason why DSU only contains ResourcesRaw & Manufactured?

Same question for the maxStorage: I know 2250 is 30 stacks, but can I up it to 2625 such that overall a DSU (on both tiles) stores 2700 of a thing? 2325 seems just random.

I am never sure what I can mess with. I am by far not a coder but this stuff is fun.

Want the choice of everything in the game,
<categories>
<li>Resources</li>
</categories>

That will give you the same choices as a stockpile

as far as the stack limit, that would be coded in the DLL.

Simulacrum0

stack limit is in the xml not the .dll
none-stacking items bug DSU, items that are put in all become copy's of the first item and if a pawn wears apparel from a DSU they use the full stack

LittleGreenStone

I remember being able to use sand piles to fill in shallow water, is this tool no longer accessible?

E.: Yes I am aware I can build sand terrain using sand piles, but I can not build it over shallow water or marsh.

E.2: Found the problem; Core\Defs\TerrainDefs\Terrain_Water.xml
    <changeable>false</changeable> needed to be changed to "true".

It took me more than an hour going through all (seemingly) relevant defs trying to make heads or tails of it, changing various things which resulted in the total chaos of these rules and restrictions, but at least I found it.
:P

regenesis

Mipen are you still alive man the game is not the same without my droid colony.