[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithras

I know many of you are missing MD2Droids mod and I think that it might be nice addition to our colonies (never used it before). Because mipen didn't respond to private messages and his repository was inactive for few months, I decided to port droids to newest RimWorld version and will release it as soon as bugs will be fixed (I'll start new topic for this in released mods subforum).
I suppose that I might break something along the way, because I have no idea what are the differences between current RimWorld API and the last one for which Droids were created, but I'll do my best. :)
Before this post, I've managed to:
- successfully load MD2Droids mod, obviously. ;)
- create blueprints at drafting table (you can design Droids, load and save them)
There are still few bugs (missing icons) and exceptions that are being thrown while using this mod which make Droids unusable, so I'll better get to work. :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

jal21

Quote from: Mithras on December 13, 2015, 05:18:17 AM
I know many of you are missing MD2Droids mod and I think that it might be nice addition to our colonies (never used it before). Because mipen didn't respond to private messages and his repository was inactive for few months, I decided to port droids to newest RimWorld version and will release it as soon as bugs will be fixed (I'll start new topic for this in released mods subforum).
I suppose that I might break something along the way, because I have no idea what are the differences between current RimWorld API and the last one for which Droids were created, but I'll do my best. :)
- create blueprints at drafting table (you can design Droids, load and save them)
There are still few bugs (missing icons) and exceptions that are being thrown while using this mod which make Droids unusable, so I'll better get to work. :)

cant wate to see this back up. i have been missing the drodes in my coliny.
i wish you the best of luck on this

NemesisN

there is a few problems with MD2Storage (Deep Storage)

- when you try to store chunks (any chunks) for example Marble Chunk lets say, it stores it the right way stacking it on each other as it should, so you would see when you click on it for example "Marble Chunk x130" meaning there is 130 stacked on top of each other in that storage....but when you load up your game those stacks are gone, instead of x130 Marble chunks that you stored and should have you have 1 Marble chunk only....and you lose all those stacks each time you load up your world

- storing corpses (intentionally or accidentally) will brake your game and errors about human_corpse will come up

suggestions:
- fix the chunk storing (or if can't be fixed remove the option to store them what is the point if you can't)
- remove corpse storing storage option
- add that all storing settings are set to "X" as default instead of check mark...this way you don't have to watch and wait until the storage is build to manually clear all to "X" so they don't store bunch of things you don't want in there
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

PhoenixHawk

Quote from: Mithras on December 13, 2015, 05:18:17 AM

You are my savior. :D

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: NemesisN on December 13, 2015, 02:51:00 PM

- when you try to store chunks (any chunks) for example Marble Chunk lets say, it stores it the right way stacking it on each other as it should, so you would see when you click on it for example "Marble Chunk x130" meaning there is 130 stacked on top of each other in that storage....but when you load up your game those stacks are gone, instead of x130 Marble chunks that you stored and should have you have 1 Marble chunk only....and you lose all those stacks each time you load up your world

DSU was (AFAIK) never meant to hold chunks or corpses, only "stackable" things, like steel, uranium, potatoes or eggs.

NemesisN

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on December 15, 2015, 01:17:22 AM

DSU was (AFAIK) never meant to hold chunks or corpses, only "stackable" things, like steel, uranium, potatoes or eggs.

then why are those options not removed ?

especially corpses since you can store them by accident and brake the game because default setting is set to store everything and it is set up as Important priority....and that happened to me once...the error (corpse) had to be removed by doing some code deleting in save script
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: NemesisN on December 15, 2015, 01:56:05 AM

especially corpses since you can store them by accident and brake the game because default setting is set to store everything and it is set up as Important priority....and that happened to me once...the error (corpse) had to be removed by doing some code deleting in save script

I'm not sure what mod you're playing with, because by default my DSUs are set to allow nothing. I have to manually enable what I want to store.

TLHeart

Quote from: NemesisN on December 15, 2015, 01:56:05 AM

The problem is not with MD2 storage, but with the changes made by simon in his mod variety pack.... I have let simon know about the bugs it has caused.

MightyGooga

DragosFarronian

"MD2Droids is not compatible with A12 as of yet"

please hurrry up i love ur mod

NephilimNexus

Guys, it is now December 26th.  Mipen hasn't posted anything since September 23rd.  It's over.

Enjoy what still works, lament what is gone, and pray that Rimworld never gets another update.

harpo99999

or look for a different mod, eg more development

Shabazza

@mipen:
Could you shift the consumption rate of coal for the coal plant over to the def file?
I'd like to balance this for my personal needs.
But unfortunately, the power output is hardcoded in your .dll.

Also a small bug:
In the "MD2_Minables.xml", there is a copy-paste error. The description for the "MD2MineableCoal" def has the original steel ore description in it.

MechanoidHater

Quote from: Shabazza on January 04, 2016, 12:41:40 PM
@mipen:
Could you shift the consumption rate of coal for the coal plant over to the def file?
I'd like to balance this for my personal needs.
But unfortunately, the power output is hardcoded in your .dll.

Also a small bug:
In the "MD2_Minables.xml", there is a copy-paste error. The description for the "MD2MineableCoal" def has the original steel ore description in it.

Dude this mod is dead.

Shabazza

Ha? It's for version 12C. Seems not too old...
And the author is still active in this board.

But nevermind.
I took the source and managed to adjust it to my liking and fixed it for Alpha 12d.
I'd still like to be able to set those values by xml. But it will do for now...