[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcAngelSlayer

Awesome! Can't wait to try the update, can this be used with an existing save or will I have to start fresh?

Also, is this compatible with Industrialization?

Yas

Ah, hello again, its me, I would love to come up with another wish :)

Would it be possible to give droids a "home-base"? A spot where they shall go if idle? It irritates me always to read "colonist idle" and then look and see crematorius has done with muffaloe stockpile and waiting for the next squirrel rampage.

It would be awesome if the droid would go to a certain place and wait there until new jobs come up.

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on January 23, 2015, 11:40:56 AM
So is the Ore Extractor supposed to work with the A2B Conveyor Belts or is that not working right now?

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. The conveyor loader has to be touching the Ore Extractor but not in the interaction square (where it normally spits stuff out).
Oh it works? I thought it had broken haha. Yeah the loader should be touching any side and it will put to Ore onto that instead

palandus

Why is it that when you change a mechanical wall to an embrasure / lower it / raise it, it is temporarily without power for like 2-3 seconds?

mipen

Quote from: ArcAngelSlayer on January 23, 2015, 02:12:02 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to try the update, can this be used with an existing save or will I have to start fresh?

Also, is this compatible with Industrialization?
Hmm, I think it should be able to be used with an old save, but don't quote me on that. And as far as I know it is compatible!

mipen

Quote from: palandus on January 23, 2015, 07:23:31 PM
Why is it that when you change a mechanical wall to an embrasure / lower it / raise it, it is temporarily without power for like 2-3 seconds?
That's the time it takes for it to reconnect to the power network. There's no way to change this, it's hard coded in to the game. I like to think of it as a balancing feature :P

Finn

I think I might be an idiot but I can't seem to get my colonists to make droids. I loaded up a world in godmode to make sure it wasn't me being stupid. I had over 20 Circuits, Metal silver etc, a droid table and a droid charge pad as-well as power and crafters and for some reason it would not let me create a droid no matter what I did, is there something that'd I'm doing incredibly wrong? I made sure I disabled all other mods before testing.

chaotix14

Quote from: Finn on January 24, 2015, 03:00:11 AM
I think I might be an idiot but I can't seem to get my colonists to make droids. I loaded up a world in godmode to make sure it wasn't me being stupid. I had over 20 Circuits, Metal silver etc, a droid table and a droid charge pad as-well as power and crafters and for some reason it would not let me create a droid no matter what I did, is there something that'd I'm doing incredibly wrong? I made sure I disabled all other mods before testing.

...Silver? As far as I know you need steel, plasteel and circuits to make the droids. Also check to make sure the droid you selected doesn't need more than 20 circuits.

Finn

popster99

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 24, 2015, 03:41:09 AM
Quote from: Finn on January 24, 2015, 03:00:11 AM

...Silver? As far as I know you need steel, plasteel and circuits to make the droids. Also check to make sure the droid you selected doesn't need more than 20 circuits.
i hate when you have a big problem just because you don't see something

torskee

Great mod. If you take requests I might throw a few suggestions.

Don't take the possibilty to dress up the droids - I use the EDinterface, and dressing the droid with proper headitem (medic helmet for doctor, hardhat for worker etc, and a human skull for the Crematorius) lets me select the right one

Add the option that the recharge pod is considered a bed, and only usable by droids (like in MAI). With this, there will be no more need of setting extra sleeping spots to get rid of the notification that there are not enough beds.

I reckon you are considerring adding the texture from few pages before as a combat droid mk.II. Could you add another droid, melee. Like a spiderbot - fast, and goes "big boom" when killed - suicidal first wave of defense.

mipen

Quote from: torskee on January 24, 2015, 05:45:36 AM
Great mod. If you take requests I might throw a few suggestions.

Don't take the possibilty to dress up the droids - I use the EDinterface, and dressing the droid with proper headitem (medic helmet for doctor, hardhat for worker etc, and a human skull for the Crematorius) lets me select the right one

Add the option that the recharge pod is considered a bed, and only usable by droids (like in MAI). With this, there will be no more need of setting extra sleeping spots to get rid of the notification that there are not enough beds.

I reckon you are considerring adding the texture from few pages before as a combat droid mk.II. Could you add another droid, melee. Like a spiderbot - fast, and goes "big boom" when killed - suicidal first wave of defense.
I'm going to be working on getting unique textures for each droid, so telling them apart shouldn't be so much of a problem. Maybe I could just let them wear hats and nothing else :P
Yeah the bed thing is something I really need to fix, I have a couple of ideas for it, but I'm not sure if they will work.
I'm always open to suggestions! :D I like your idea, I've put it onto my list :)

palandus

Here is an idea Mipen, dunno if it would work or not, but going to leave it here nonetheless. While giving Elstrages some ideas for base defenses, I had thought about a "crushing wall trap", based on your mechanical walls.

How it is supposed to work is to have a large area of mechanical walls in the lowered position and then when raiders or other hostiles entered that area, a player could order all the walls into the raised position, essentially creating the effect of a "cave in"... or in this case, the wall crushing the raider into the ceiling.

I was wondering what would happen if a colonist or raider was standing on a field of lowered mechanical walls and then you raised up all those walls around them and on the space their standing on. Would it:

A) Displace them to a nearby square?
B) Kill them instantly?
C) Cause a game crash?
D) The wall will refuse to be raised until they are out of its square?
----
On the same lines of thought, could those kinds of walls be raised and seal raiders inside instead of crushing them instantly, by say having a larger area of lowered walls and then raise them once the raiders are inside, thus trapping them?

Logically they would start to beat away at the walls to try and escape, so, could there be a mechanical wall that works much like a "cooler" where it can reduce the temperature of the sealed in area down to like -150 very quickly (except with a VERY high power cost) or if the heater was facing into the room, heat up the room very quickly to like +250?

What would the purpose of this be? Well, raiders will collapse from hypothermia or hyperthermia when it reaches "serious" level of hypo/hyperthermia. Any collapsed raider will thus be easy pickings for taking them prisoner. And any fellows that don't collapse will be greatly fewer in number.

An alternative to having a wall that heats up / cools down the room, is to have one set to be an embrasure and have a colonist equipped with a Molotov cocktail, and toss a cocktail into the room. Since the fire would be contained, the temperature would go from average temperature to over 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly, but that would require fireproof walls and high health for those walls.

Thoughts?

Rock5

Why can't you just use the heaters and coolers in the game? Sure they can be slow but having a a really fast heater might be a bit too cheaty. I noticed, when I used heaters to cook the cryosleep temples, that if there is no where to go they just stand around until they collapse or go crazy. If there is a turret they shoot it, if there is a door they will probably break it down but if there are just walls they just stand around. So maybe you can just seal them in and throw a Molotov Cocktail through an embrasure and that will do the trick. If you make the walls out of stone they should survive.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

palandus

The problem with that idea is that a person to throw a Molotov in there, would be a sitting duck, as they would be the ONLY target the raiders could see, and thus would all attack the colonist with the molotovs and might outright kill your colonist before they can throw a Molotov. And even if you can throw a Molotov inside, the problem is that the fire must have a fuel source to continue to burn, and thus all the raiders inside would get lit on fire and burn up completely and thus completely negate any possible raider retrieval afterwards.

The problem with the heater or coolers already ingame is that they are too slow. If you manage to trap 50 raiders inside, using conventional heating or cooling to knock them out, before they knock down the mechanical walls is next to impossible to do.