[A13] EdB Mod Order - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, November 15, 2014, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

I have a suggestion. I don't know if this has been mention before but one of the most frustrating things about using and trying mods is remembering what mods and in what order you used for a particular game. Why doesn't Mod Order have a save/load mod list feature. That way you could save a list for the current game you are playing, test out some new mods, then return your mod list back to the original list to resume your game. Seems obvious now that I think of it. Sorry if it's been suggested before.

Edit: Oops. I just noticed the message 3 posts back asking something similar. I guess it's a popular request.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

EdB

I released a new version, 0.13.1.2 that should fix the texture loading issues that people are seeing.  If you're still getting the intermittent errors, let me know.  I think I got them all, but it's possible that I did not.

If you're wondering why the version number looks different than before, I'm switching to a new versioning scheme that I noticed a couple of other people using.  The first two numbers are the RimWorld version (0.13 is alpha 13--when it comes out of alpha, the first two numbers will be something like 1.0).  The second two numbers are my version numbers: major release (feature changes), followed by minor release (bug fixes).

Lumaan

Quote from: EdB on April 23, 2016, 09:23:37 PM
I released a new version, 0.13.1.2 that should fix the texture loading issues that people are seeing.  If you're still getting the intermittent errors, let me know.  I think I got them all, but it's possible that I did not.

If you're wondering why the version number looks different than before, I'm switching to a new versioning scheme that I noticed a couple of other people using.  The first two numbers are the RimWorld version (0.13 is alpha 13--when it comes out of alpha, the first two numbers will be something like 1.0).  The second two numbers are my version numbers: major release (feature changes), followed by minor release (bug fixes).
Thank you 8)
And it's easier as a mod user with version numbering like that ;)

solarispilot

Quote from: Lumaan on April 23, 2016, 11:24:22 PM
Quote from: EdB on April 23, 2016, 09:23:37 PM

Thank you 8)
And it's easier as a mod user with version numbering like that ;)

Whenever I load this mod, I get issues with the flag texture on the main screen, happens on a clean install with no other mods loaded. See the screenshot below:

http://i.imgur.com/iMn2xCF.jpg

Rock5

That happens to me but I never knew what caused it.

I just tested it. I removed Mod Order, restarted the game and it still showed the red x. So I'm not sure it's caused my Mod Order.

Edit: I did my own testing. It looks like the Community Core Library is what's causing it for me.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Lumaan

Quote from: Rock5 on May 01, 2016, 07:12:04 PM
That happens to me but I never knew what caused it.

I just tested it. I removed Mod Order, restarted the game and it still showed the red x. So I'm not sure it's caused my Mod Order.

Edit: I did my own testing. It looks like the Community Core Library is what's causing it for me.
Any mod that have the "Languages" folder and are loaded last will be the "Languages" folder that the game(or Unity) will try to load the "LangIcon.png" from.
My last mod that I load at the moment is"EdBInventory" and it got a "Languages" folder, I just did a test and put a copy of the "LangIcon.png" from the "English" folder inside the "Languages" folder under "Core" and the English flag is shown again.

Rock5

Well done narrowing it down! You're right, any mod with the languages folder causes it.

Looks like some sort of bug in the core program.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

The1Grenade

I would also like to put in a vote for saving and loading mod order presets... I'm losing track of all my sticky notes and it's a cumbersome manual process!

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: The1Grenade on May 22, 2016, 12:30:43 PM
I would also like to put in a vote for saving and loading mod order presets... I'm losing track of all my sticky notes and it's a cumbersome manual process!

Couldn't you just keep a copy of your modsconfig.xml file? Either save it in a appropriately named folder along with a text file with any notes or just print it out and hand write any notes directly on the paper.

Not that I am against your idea, but at least this may make life easier until something better comes along.

The1Grenade

Excellent idea BlackSmokeDMax!  I actually hadn't thought it through that far, but now that you describe this with such simplicity I can't help but think this should be similarly simple to program...  I might just be compelled enough to investigate.

In the mean time; for those looking to use this "manual" solution, here is a quick reference to the finer details:
(From the RimWorld 1135 Readme.txt)

QuoteTo find saved games or config data:

1. Start the game.
2. Open the options menu.
3. Click "open save data folder".

Or look in this folder, depending on your operating system:

WINDOWS:   C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/
(On Windows, the AppData folder may be hidden.)

MAC:       /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/

LINUX:       /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/

Havan_IronOak

I'm just starting a new colony and wanted to try some mods that I haven't tried before so I'm making note of issues as they arise.

I noted that several folks have asked for a way to store a preset mod order. If that's not easy, is there a way to at least export a list of the mods and the order they've been established in?

I am cobbling together a screen print of all the mods I'm using but it involves screen prints and Photoshop for pasting them into one single list. I also play Silent Hunter 4 which uses a LOT of mods and there's a mod called Generic Mod Enabler that does pretty much what  [A13] EdB Mod Order v0.13.1.2 does. But it has a "tasks" tab that enables exports and imports and also generates a list of the mods being loaded and their order.

Thanks for creating this. This is a great and useful Mod as is. If there's a way to make it even better, great!

Havan_IronOak

Thanks for that! Now if I can just remember it past my next "senior moment."

EdB

A quick announcement:

I will not be updating the Mod Order mod for Alpha 14.  Because the mod screen in the vanilla game now includes the ability to re-order mods, we should not be losing any functionality by this mod's absence.

Thanks to everyone who's used the mod.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: EdB on July 15, 2016, 01:31:12 PM
A quick announcement:

I will not be updating the Mod Order mod for Alpha 14.  Because the mod screen in the vanilla game now includes the ability to re-order mods, we should not be losing any functionality by this mod's absence.

Thank you!

CrownBee

Quote from: EdB on July 15, 2016, 01:31:12 PM
A quick announcement:

EdB,

Thank you so much for this mod! I think it is the highest compliment to have your mods integrated into the core game.