RIP YouTube

Started by Robitski, November 07, 2013, 06:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robitski

That's the last straw! Google has destroyed the comment section, now it's facebook! Now I HAVE to upgrade to this google plus rubbish where I CAN'T ACCESS MY INBOX! And now, replies don't work! YOU CAN'T SEE REPLY CHAINS ANYMORE IN COMMENTS! I thought the insane idea of removing video responses was too far, but this has crossed a line!

The comments and inbox system were fine, but oh no, google has to mess it up! What is it with google and fucking everything up in their path?

Many YouTubers who've been around before all this google plus carry on have been saying it's no longer about a creative community, it's all about individual people who want to talk about themselves. Who cares!?

So, google's rip-off of facebook has leaked into YouTube now and we're all doomed. Out with creative, original, political videos, in with unoriginal talentless let's plays and 'vlogs'!

Not to say all Let's Plays are crap, but too many of them are in my opinion.

As you can tell I'm furious about this development. Google is just so damn GREEDY! :'(

Rest in peace, YouTube creative community. You were good while you lasted.
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

Produno

I think google are going for world domination! Is there anything they havnt got their hands in nowadays??

Robitski

True lol. I wonder when they'll start producing tanks : P
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

Galileus

Ya, had a lot of problems after one time (about 1854th one, probably) when youtube asked me to join G+ and youtube into one account. Could swear I've clicked "no, thanks" (for the 1854th time, in lack of "no, and it means no, so s*** t*** f*** u*** and leave me alone!") and it did join G+ and youtube anyway. I could not log into my old account anymore, had to remove the whole G+ business and actually got off better by it. Removed all me customizations, but well, don't need em anyway.

But this is just... too much. Youtube was crappeé for quite some time, at least it got it speeds fixed... a bit. There was a time where my otherwise 5MB/s connection would crap out on simplest low-res vids and catche it every two minutes... and then they removed ability to buffer whole vids. Then there is ighome removal and google reader removal. All in all google was replacing it's functions with it's transfer to g+ and I think we all are better for it. Was all for google in it's earlier days - when they actually provided a lot of useful functions. Now I'm keeping away from everything google other than it's search engine...

But then again, why? Forced censorship is bad enough, I used to pre-rate a lot of anime by looking at how much hentai pops up when i search for it in images.

clodan

Quote from: Produno on November 07, 2013, 07:24:33 AM
I think google are going for world domination! Is there anything they havnt got their hands in nowadays??

Im afraid it will happen soon... just imagine going to church and instead of seeing jesus there is a huge G hunging there... christ....

Dragula

Quote from: Galileus on November 07, 2013, 08:50:37 AM
Ya, had a lot of problems after one time (about 1854th one, probably) when youtube asked me to join G+ and youtube into one account. Could swear I've clicked "no, thanks" (for the 1854th time, in lack of "no, and it means no, so s*** t*** f*** u*** and leave me alone!") and it did join G+ and youtube anyway. I could not log into my old account anymore, had to remove the whole G+ business and actually got off better by it. Removed all me customizations, but well, don't need em anyway.

But this is just... too much. Youtube was crappeé for quite some time, at least it got it speeds fixed... a bit. There was a time where my otherwise 5MB/s connection would crap out on simplest low-res vids and catche it every two minutes... and then they removed ability to buffer whole vids. Then there is ighome removal and google reader removal. All in all google was replacing it's functions with it's transfer to g+ and I think we all are better for it. Was all for google in it's earlier days - when they actually provided a lot of useful functions. Now I'm keeping away from everything google other than it's search engine...

But then again, why? Forced censorship is bad enough, I used to pre-rate a lot of anime by looking at how much hentai pops up when i search for it in images.

At least those tanks would run on linux-based android instead of windows :)

Hypolite

Was Youtube making any money when they were still independant? Would it still exist if it wasn't for Google? So much questions, so little answers!

manictiger

Quote from: clodan on November 07, 2013, 06:36:49 PM
Quote from: Produno on November 07, 2013, 07:24:33 AM

Im afraid it will happen soon... just imagine going to church and instead of seeing jesus there is a huge G hunging there... christ....

That would be too radical for people to accept.

What would happen, is, they'd keep the cross, but put a "g" before it.

GC13

Uh, did I miss something? When did Google become Apple?

They'd totally put a "+" after it.

Galileus

Quote from: manictiger on November 14, 2013, 10:34:11 PMWhat would happen, is, they'd keep the cross, but put a "g" before it.

Nah, you two are way too much drama queens. What will happen is you'll have to have google+ account and MyGoogleligion account to pray to Gesus+ and that's that.

Quote from: GC13 on November 14, 2013, 11:48:15 PM
Uh, did I miss something? When did Google become Apple?

They'd totally put a "+" after it.

When? When they forced people to make accounts on Google Wallet and forbid use of PayPal to pay for apps on Android Market. And - funny fact - devs need to have Google Wallet to get the money, too.

Matty

This isn't anything new, google has been fucking up everything behind closed doors for years, their privacy regulations are basically them tracking you to sell info to advertisers. I don't use google search.

But if google fucks youtube up, someone (with morals) will start a new one i'm sure.

Galileus

Starting a new one is the easy part. Getting it up to speed and mainstream is the hard one.

Youtube was so awesome thanks to the fact it was THE tube for vids. There may be others, but who cares? Keep it up, Google, great job - a bit more and we'll have to work with dozens of uploading services and our faves split between them, instead of having everything in one place.

GC13

I guess that joke flew right over your head then, Galileus? :p

Galileus

Trying to log in to youtube from my android (because otherwise I can't access some OH SO MATURE!! vids...). Welp... my password does not work. My old gmail password kinda works, because at least it finds out it was changed. My actual gmail password does not work. On android, that is - I can log in with it from PC no problems. All in all, I now cannot log into youtube form android. ANDROID of all things.

F* you, google. Seriously, F* you!

sparda666

Quote from: manictiger on November 14, 2013, 10:34:11 PM
they'd keep the cross, but put a "g" before it.

I feel like Im the only one who got this joke

kudos to you sir