List of named characters?

Started by amul, November 19, 2014, 08:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amul

Is there a list of user submitted characters anywhere? It'd be fun to add other people's characters to our games.

jimoc

All the user submitted names are already in your game.
Everyone's name and backstory that has been submitted is in everyone's game.
You can see all the possible names and backstories if you open the resources.assets file in a very good text editor and go to line 155125.
Enjoy :)

PS. I'm in there, hurray :)

Ohh just realised, to actually get someone's real name in game you have to add the surname of the person to the box in the options menu.
So it seems like you can only have 4 real person's names in your game at any one time.
Any chance that could change so we could get all of the new additions in our games please?

Tumuel

I am pretty sure the name you add to the list in the options menu just makes them more likely to turn up, but it is still possible to get all the names in the game otherwise ,it is just very unlikely for you to find any individual.

Axelios

You say unlikely, but it feels like I see Redfields every game.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Lonely Rogue

I believe Redfields, such  as Deadeye, are some charachters that Tynan made, and are likely in every game. Same for tribals named Curro.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?