Operations Bug

Started by MysticA3ther, November 27, 2014, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysticA3ther

I play with a lot of mods, and recently i edited the save file for one of them to change research times, and now I cannot perform any operations.
When I go into the operations tab, and click bills, it just makes the clicking noise and button animation, but and doesn't do anything else. This happened on a colony that i have had for i while, and already performed many operations.
Please help :(
This is my mod list:

BetterPower*
EdBInterface
EdBPrepareCarefully
MoreHydroponics
NewRecipeNurse
Quarry
SimpleMedicineCraft
SurgeryExtendedAndBionics
Turrets Pack

(*This is the mod i edited)

oBerry

There's two problems here and they are fairly obvious. First off, lots of mods at once is never a good idea. Second, unless you know what you are doing, don't edit the save files without a backup. It's seriously a bad idea. Unless you have a backup, you're out of luck.

MysticA3ther

Is there any way I can somehow wipe my existing rimworld data? Even when I delete any traces of the game from my computer, mods and all, and start with the vanilla game, the bug remains!

But, yeah, it was pretty dumb of me to screw with the files like that, everything was fine before i tried to fix the research times...
I don't want to wait until the steam release to play again, I lost my best colony to that bug, and now it seems to stalk me to every install...

iame6162013

Quote from: MysticA3ther on December 04, 2014, 05:47:41 PM
Is there any way I can somehow wipe my existing rimworld data? Even when I delete any traces of the game from my computer, mods and all, and start with the vanilla game, the bug remains!

But, yeah, it was pretty dumb of me to screw with the files like that, everything was fine before i tried to fix the research times...
I don't want to wait until the steam release to play again, I lost my best colony to that bug, and now it seems to stalk me to every install...
weird have you removed ludeon folder in the local low(%appdata%)?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."