[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrshilka

Depending on the raid size you will usually see 2 or 3 in a raid of 20 up to over 80 in raids over 1000.
From experience I focus fire them down asap:)

Shinzy

Quote from: Canute on July 27, 2015, 10:14:11 AM
Thor's hammer, i like them.
But they scared me at the first time. But it is a good thing they don't drop :-)
Maybe some different noise effect, the kabumm is too heavy for that little explosion.

Oh I tried! the game doesn't actually let me give it any other sound cause it's a bomb
And so it has to be an explosion =P

mokonasakura

Quote from: Shinzy on July 27, 2015, 07:48:33 AM
Quote from: mokonasakura on July 26, 2015, 11:50:34 PM
So what the deal with the exploding hammer that destroys my colonists? What kind of armor do I need to deal with explosions?
Blunt!
They're practically just a small grenade (with half of the damage and explosion radius of 1 cell!)
I felt like legolas, the guy would could kill everything in one shot the entire war, vs the orc with a torch, a normal orc that had no armor yet couldn't be killed in one shot. You say its just one square but the difference between the hammer and the frags is the hammer blows up right away. The norbals, from what I hear, are supposed to be naturally tougher then the basic raider so focusing them down before they get in range is a difficult thing to do. If the hammer hits your guy once that guy is dead, maybe not immediately but he will die because the hammer will either shred his leg or foot making it so he moves at 50% or something around that number. I also didn't really expect an exploding hammer, I know some nord mythology so I already guessed it was supposed to be thor hammer but when you are playing the game you don't see guy with hammer>guy with repeating crossbow>guy with other thing that look melee. When I finally did run into hammers the kept hearing explosions but it took me a while to figure out what was going on.
Oh, how do you find them? is there a lot of them during a raid? I could make them much rarer
and I possibly need to adjust how many norbals attack during a raid in general, too ;D (I've gotten the impression they scale maybe just bit too much, I haven't really ever played to real late game with them as enemies ;D)

Shinzy

Quote from: mokonasakura on July 27, 2015, 07:23:06 PM
I felt like legolas, the guy would could kill everything in one shot the entire war, vs the orc with a torch, a normal orc that had no armor yet couldn't be killed in one shot. You say its just one square but the difference between the hammer and the frags is the hammer blows up right away. The norbals, from what I hear, are supposed to be naturally tougher then the basic raider so focusing them down before they get in range is a difficult thing to do. If the hammer hits your guy once that guy is dead, maybe not immediately but he will die because the hammer will either shred his leg or foot making it so he moves at 50% or something around that number. I also didn't really expect an exploding hammer, I know some nord mythology so I already guessed it was supposed to be thor hammer but when you are playing the game you don't see guy with hammer>guy with repeating crossbow>guy with other thing that look melee. When I finally did run into hammers the kept hearing explosions but it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Thank you! I'll halve their damage and maybe some other balance changes all around

Computica

Just make a custom damagedef for the hammer, I actually made the PreTrans much harder. I gave them the ability to always spawn with bionic parts. I made there boss use mk2 shields so they can use ranged weapons. I also made it so they don't retreat.

skyarkhangel

Hi, Shinzy!

Norbals EPOE compatible SK_patch
https://yadi.sk/d/9PPL0U7-iBh7t
;)

Shinzy

Match

I believe this should be compatible with alpha 12, testing it out and will report back.

Match

Looks like it will need a minor xml update, no doubt Shinzy is on top of it!

Shinzy

Quote from: Match on August 24, 2015, 11:30:42 PM
Looks like it will need a minor xml update, no doubt Shinzy is on top of it!

Mmmh.. h-uh? *rolls off the bed* Yes I'm SO on top of this right now you wouldn't believe!
I'm just waiting a few days till you all get really attached to your nuzzlepets and then update so you have to restart!
This is the plan!

Fruitsmoothy

Please...*on hands and knees* patch this...I cant play much longer without pirate songs...

Shinzy

Quote from: Fruitsmoothy on August 30, 2015, 12:50:08 PM
Please...*on hands and knees* patch this...I cant play much longer without pirate songs...

I'll try to pump out atleast the Pirates! out on tuesday (I assume that's your favourite one out of these!)
I'm quite busy, tuesday's my only "freeday" next week, need to prioritize what I do on my free time ;D and it's mostly either playing and/or watching a show

Oh but do feel free to take some breaks if your knees begin to hurt during this time
and wash your hands before you eat anything!

Iwillbenicetou

You are so awesome Shinzy. But I do expect the finished product on my desk by tuesday.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

harpo99999

and then there is the ORIGINAL source for pirates ie VIKINGS, so the norbals are also wanted