Firefighting

Started by Hiztaar, December 01, 2014, 08:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiztaar

Hi,

It's a suggestion to handle a very frustrating situation in the game when a structure is burning and your colonists cannot reach the fire because the structure is too large.

I guess we all have experienced this feeling of being powerless when our geothermal generator is burning in the center and your colonist are just unable to reach such a position because the generator is a 4x4 structure.

My idea is to allow colonists to throw in water buckets on a short distance and to have advanced device like a fire extinguisher, much more efficient. I don't know if it may add a plus to the game but it should remove a lot of frustration. And that's quite good in my opinion.
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Iwillbenicetou

I'm pretty sure the Clutter mod has a device like that.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Hiztaar

But it's a Vanilla functional problem. Even if the mod can handle it, it should be Vanilla fixed ;)

Iwillbenicetou

Yes definitely, but at the time being, use the Clutter mod (I am positive it's in there, not entirely sure, but I think It's in there)

Wex

"More weapon" has a fire extingusher
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Iwillbenicetou

that too, and if you want, delete all the other guns in def>thing>guns

skullywag

Just a point as ot was mentioned here, but all my mods will be in single form from Alpha8 onwards so if you want the fire extinguisher in Alpha8 you can have it and nothing else. Ive already split them out locally into seperate mods.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Hiztaar

That's nice ! Thanks Skullywag :)